TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Nope, I’m not a fan of science so a whole series based around it really was not for me lol. Also, I’m not a fan of the character designs other than the main character.
I got two episodes in and shut it off
hunterXhunter spoilers
when Gon and Leorio reunite at the 13th Chairman selection I actually cried

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Ive just watched Episode 6 for S2 of the Promised Neverland, and after finding out that they’ve skipped like 60 chapters from the manga, it really feels like somethings missing. The 1st Season of this show was so good, but I really feel like they’ve dropped the ball with S2 from having a great series turn into a meh one, really hoping it can somehow turn itself around.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ive just watched Episode 6 for S2 of the Promised Neverland, and after finding out that they’ve skipped like 60 chapters from the manga, it really feels like somethings missing. The 1st Season of this show was so good, but I really feel like they’ve dropped the ball with S2 from having a great series turn into a meh one, really hoping it can somehow turn itself around.
I'm right at the end of S1, but then I read this and just why would they do that?

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Feb 18, 2017
I'm right at the end of S1, but then I read this and just why would they do that?
Only thing I’ve heard is that the author of the manga who is working with the studio, wanted to change up the story, which to me just stinks because from what I heard from fans of the series they skipped an arc that everyone liked. I definitely don’t wanna spoil it in case you do end up wanting to watch S2, but you’ll notice a huge time jump that comes out of no where.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am so glad and I took you lots advice and watched Re:Zero season II. Again, Subaru is probably the single worst/most annoying protagonist I've ever watched in any genre of entertainment. But holy smokes this season has been lit AF.

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I am so glad and I took you lots advice and watched Re:Zero season II. Again, Subaru is probably the single worst/most annoying protagonist I've ever watched in any genre of entertainment. But holy smokes this season has been lit AF.

He's annoying, but seeing the mental struggles he goes through as no one can possibly relate to his scenario are pretty interesting.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Shout outs to the JJK S1 finale being a high quality AMV.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Feb 18, 2017
I was able to watch the Violet Evergarden movie yesterday. Its my favorite anime of all-time, and just being able to see it on the big screen was such a cool experience. I can’t really talk about it since all of it would be spoilers but I definitely recommend watching the series, and once this movie comes to either Netflix or Funimation I definitely recommend it watch it as well.

upload_2021-4-4_7-29-40.jpeg

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I was able to watch the Violet Evergarden movie yesterday. Its my favorite anime of all-time, and just being able to see it on the big screen was such a cool experience. I can’t really talk about it since all of it would be spoilers but I definitely recommend watching the series, and once this movie comes to either Netflix or Funimation I definitely recommend it watch it as well.

View attachment 417194

Is this the same movie on Netflix or is it a recap movie?

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It’s a different movie than the one on Netflix, it’s a sequel to the anime series.

I thought that the movie on Netflix was a continuation of the story? Is the theater movie a true advancement of her personal story?

EDIT: Looking it up now. I have it no where near me even if I did want to go to a theater. Will buy the shit out of it though when it becomes available. I recently got the limited edition of the show and the movie (the ones on Netflix).

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Feb 18, 2017
I thought that the movie on Netflix was a continuation of the story? Is the theater movie a true advancement of her personal story?

EDIT: Looking it up now. I have it no where near me even if I did want to go to a theater. Will buy the shit out of it though when it becomes available. I recently got the limited edition of the show and the movie (the ones on Netflix).
Oh yeah I bought a limited edition blu-ray as well. But yeah once it comes out either streaming or blu-ray I definitely recommend watching it. The movie your talking about is more like a side story, not really a continuation of Violet’s story, while this recent movie was pretty much all about Violet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad