TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Hopefully we see more development between the characters than the actual game. Season II showed the development of skill, especially in their team, but was super stale due to zero progression outside of it.

?? S2 had lots of development for Taichi last time I remember watching it. That season was very much about him and overcoming his self defeatism.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Well, DRM-free versions of every translated Monogatari book for $20... gonna get it even though I have physical copies of a lot of it already.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Finished Fruits Baskets - the new one - the other day. Besides the random and weird cross-dressing characters, I very much liked it. Looking forward to season 2 in 2020.

Is it good? Not sure I have ever heard of this one?
The second half of Fruits Basket 2019 was so good.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Since I haven't seen it I have been watching Kill La Kill recently and I got to say it's pretty fun. Trigger/Gainx shows are pretty hit or miss for me but I have liked this one. Sawano's score is awesome as always.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
@SolidSnakeUS
@oil Leaks

So mates, you'll be proud of me that I totally binge watched Oregairu the last week and a half. Don't get me wrong that I fully enjoyed in its entirety and can't wait for season 3, but still not sure if it was better than Rascal dreams of Bunny Girl Senpai (yes I very much enjoyed Aobuta). One problem I have with SNAFU is that it is sometimes very hard to follow with very cryptic messages.

Like, the dude says (I think his name is Hikki) in one episode that he wants the "real thing"...ummm what is that? And that Yui says she will battle Yukino for "it", whatever that "it" is....I guess it means for Hachiman or to keep everyone together as they are now. Then you have another cryptic message by Haruno saying the gang has gotten boring and not sure what that is supposed to me either. A lot of grey content in conversations and a ton of hidden innuendos I don't really get without additional reading and I don't think it is a Japanese/NA culture difference.

Now with that said, I am very much interested in what happens in Season 3, which I saw the other day is entitled "Fin". Based upon that and some speculation that the next volume on the novel side will be the last, season 3 will probably end the show. Was a bit surprised though, because season 2 of the anime came out in 2015 and there hasn't be anything since. If I was a mega fan, I would be ultra disappointed to wait an extra five years for the show, but it seems that the producers knew that the novel was going to end and seemed to wait until now.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
It should still be fine and I do like Rascal more but SNAFU on its own is still very good. I mean, people had to wait like 3 years or so for a new Danmachi.

Still very excited for S3.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

So is this film out already? I read some of the manga and it seems like a Your Lie in April rehash, but I am a sucker for these premise.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I haven't watched anything in quite a while but I have that itch right now to catch up on a few things.
3 episodes into Fire Force, 2 into Radiant and now on the 3rd episode of You're Under Arrest, one that I've put off for a LONG time.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
I haven't watched anything in quite a while but I have that itch right now to catch up on a few things.
3 episodes into Fire Force, 2 into Radiant and now on the 3rd episode of You're Under Arrest, one that I've put off for a LONG time.

Hands off Motion Pictures Club has been a lot of fun. Directed by Yuasa and done by Science Saru who did Ping Pong, Devilman, Tatami Galaxy etc This season has been weaker than most the other seasons look much stronger. Still I am going to check out Interspecies Reviewers due to hearing it's actually a decent ecchi anime. You also got anime like Somali and the Forest Spirit which looks like an enjoyable fantasy and ID:Invaded I have also heard good things about if you are up for a mystery anime.

We got a lot of notable original anime this year which is nice for a change. Really looking forward to The Great Pretender, Brand New Animal, Deca Dence and Appare-Ranman!. Also a bunch of big sequels (Re Zero, AOT, Kaguya Sama, sequel films to Shirobako, Made in Abyss). I am just really waiting on news for Pluto it was supposed to come out sometime this year. All we have been given is a short 10 sec PV and no release date.

As a side note I have been really listening to the new Made in Abyss soundtrack and wow that is heavenly did not disappoint. Kevin Perkin is one of the best composers in anime right now. Can't wait to see the film whenever it drops internationally.

Last edited:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Currently watching:

My Hero
Interspecies Reviewers
In/Spectre
Seton Academy
Diamond no Ace
Asteroid in Love
Haikyuu

Some nice gems came up this season like In/Spectre

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Kaguya-sama 2, BNA, and Gal & Dinosaur. Also whatever Bakarina got translated as... Next Life As a Villainess?

Reactions: SecretOilersFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->