TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Sad news. Sounds like a 40-something lunatic has been arrested for setting fire to the KyoAni studios.

Arson does not go over well in Japan, so this guy is probably done.

For a country who has such a low crime-rate, Japan still does have the death penalty so you're right this guy has limited his life on Earth.

Got a news notification last week and simply cannot believe it. It sucks to say, but since this stuff happens so much in NA that you not only get decentralized to it, but I also think people are more prepared for this type of tragedies in NA. Because it is such a rare occurrence in Japan and other places in Asia, I don't think Japanese are as ready for it and why more people died here than should've. I mean one is bad enough, but thirty is just insane to think about.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Vinland Saga is great so far. Feel like it’s going to be in my top 5 by the time it’s over.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been watching season 2 of One-Punch Man. Interesting that they expanded a lot on the other characters, but the show has always been about Saitama and the lack of show time for him is actually quite absurd. Story is interesting about the Monsters forming their own association, but the series definitely isn't as good as season 1 was.

Also I spent the last month or so slowly watching Outlaw Star. Not sure what to say of it, but damn the production was terrible even for an older anime. It seemed that some episodes were too heavily edited making feel beyond rushed and other episodes weren't edited enough with extremely weird scenes that have absolutely nothing to do with the individual episode. I actually quite liked the show's concept as it had some flair from Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and I thought Gundam Wing, but was so disappointed about how little care went into it (watch on the English dub). It had some of the weirdest character interactions I've ever seen in an anime and that tells you everything you need to know about it.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
My love story!!/Ore Monogatari!! 10/10

I just smiled and laughed during the whole 24 episodes, Takeo is probably the most likable character I’ve ever seen since getting into anime, and tbh the three main characters are all super likable along with the side characters.

05111ffa30d1096d5ec83eeeb439939a.jpg

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
For the blokes who've watched K-On!, does it get any better? I finished episode four last night and I am just not feeling it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Watched the Irregular at Magic High-school movie and it was super meh. I hope they didn't kill an entire season to make a movie with such a pointless and predictable plot. Or killed the show for the movie.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Did it add nothing to the story?
I just read about it and the script was actually by the bloke who made the series. More disappointed in the movie to have that knowledge.

For me it did nothing not because you knew everyone was going to survive which is what happened, but that the plot was so linear because of it. You have no clue who the bad guys are, who the actual antagonist of the plot is, or the actual storyline besides a random sequence that turns into a potential "accidental" catastrophe that threatens the Earth.

I have no problem with an OP protagonist if you're able to make him/her interesting with a proper development, but yet again the bloke randomly has the power to make magical sequences that can neutralise the threat from reaching the Earth and everyone goes back to High-school. The worst aspect is that 80% of the movie is just dialogue between characters and none of it is interesting.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Not watching much this season mainly to cut back on seasonals and get caught up with older shows I want to watch. I am going to be watching Chihayafuru S3 though happy it got a sequel after a very very long hiatus. Next series I also plan on watching is The Tatami Galaxy. Loved Ping Pong the Animation and I believe Yuasa can deliver again.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Tatami Galaxy might be my favorite Yuasa work. Have to be good at reading subtitles, though.

Ping Pong is up there, for sure. Crunchyroll also recently'ish picked up Kaiba, and Netflix obviously has Devilman.

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines514

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Tatami Galaxy might be my favorite Yuasa work. Have to be good at reading subtitles, though.

Ping Pong is up there, for sure. Crunchyroll also recently'ish picked up Kaiba, and Netflix obviously has Devilman.

He and Science Saru have two upcoming projects next year in Hands off the Motion Pictures Club! and Japan Sinks 2020. Excited to check them out. Also yeah I am very good at reading subs (most media these days even outside of anime that I watch is subtitled) though I know Tatami is pretty infamous.

Finally going to get around to it just finished off some remnants from last season in Astra Lost in Space watching the last few episodes later today.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am in the middle of Attack on Titan because nothing else seemed interesting when I started watching it and I swear half of the show is them riding on horses.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Episode 1 of Chihayafuru 3 is out.
Feels so good. Especially when the main theme kicked in.
Can't wait for the back to back episodes 2 & 3.
Hopefully we see more development between the characters than the actual game. Season II showed the development of skill, especially in their team, but was super stale due to zero progression outside of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad