TV: General Anime Discussion (Part 3)

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Man, people really f***ing hated Darling in the Franxx. Seriously, some of the reviews, they might as well say it's as bad as Garzey's Wing, which is insane, because that is some serious shit right there. I mean... really? I liked the show and I liked the end. I guess I'm the one who is insane right?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Franxx seemed bland so I dropped it pretty early on, but I can understand people having problems with it based on what I've heard. It sounds like it'd be Jordan Peterson's favorite anime.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011

I actually hate this.
I do not want ANOTHER Broly movie.
Dude is probably my least liked "villain" or one of the least liked out of possibly any villain in any franchise in existence.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Man, people really ****ing hated Darling in the Franxx. Seriously, some of the reviews, they might as well say it's as bad as Garzey's Wing, which is insane, because that is some serious **** right there. I mean... really? I liked the show and I liked the end. I guess I'm the one who is insane right?

It was an okay fun action mecha the last few episodes did go down a path I thought wasn't the best though the actual ending was fine considering what the past episodes had set up. I thought the world building was amazing with some pretty interesting analogies to post industrial nations and I mean yeah I will admit I liked 002 :laugh: probably like everyone else and I ended up liking Mitsuru and his character arch despite him being a jerk early on.

It doesn't really flesh out all the characters, can get bogged down in drama, and didn't fully capitalize on its world but there was a lot of good there too coupled with some pretty good animation and a nice soundtrack. In short I would say it is really enjoyable if not heavily flawed. Its no wonder it has become so divisive though like any big series with a divisive direction it has no fallen into the region of over hated.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Haven't watched Naruto in like 10 years but it's good to see they can still occasionally put together something like this.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
So I finally decided to watch Darling in the Franxx and it ended up being REALLY good. It drew me in and kept me there until the very end. Ended up watching it all within the past 2-3 days, and now I need something to replace it as I'm on a kick right now after that. Going to look back within the past 2-3 years worth of what has really come out. There's been plenty that I have missed and just never felt like starting up on yet.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
So I finally decided to watch Darling in the Franxx and it ended up being REALLY good. It drew me in and kept me there until the very end. Ended up watching it all within the past 2-3 days, and now I need something to replace it as I'm on a kick right now after that. Going to look back within the past 2-3 years worth of what has really come out. There's been plenty that I have missed and just never felt like starting up on yet.

Yet there are people that are completely overreacting to where they say it's one of the worst animes ever. I mean... wtf?

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California

Any you were on the fence about or heard about a lot to maybe watch?

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
Any you were on the fence about or heard about a lot to maybe watch?
I looked back over the past 2-3 years on anichart earlier today and made a list of shows that had interested me before and interest me now. I could probably add 2-3 shows to this list, but this is good for now. I didn't add anything else from this years winter, spring or summer session yet. Will probably focus on them at a later point, especially the summer ones. I know I'll probably watch the 3rd season of Attack on Titan as well as the 3rd season of Overlord, plus check out that Badminton one. The ones with a (?) are ones that I am a bit curious about but might not really watch until sometime later.

Bungo Stray Dogs (currently watching now)
Steins;Gate
Sakamoto
Violet Evergarden
BEATLESS
Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
ReLife (?)
Ajin (?)
Tokyo Ghoul
Gate
Chaos Dragon (?)
Seikaisuru Kado
Boku no Kanojo (?)
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
3D Kanojo (Real Girl)

Out of this list, Steins;Gate is the one I have put off the longest and will probably go ahead and watch it after I finish Bungo Stray Dogs.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I really need to see Steins;Gate 0 especially since I love the original show. But yeah, Violet Evergarden is something I really liked.

Also, please read ReLIFE as it is a better read than show, even though both are good. Seriously, ReLIFE might be the best manga/manhwa I've read in a REALLY long time.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I don't know if I'm allowed to mentioned where it would be, but a place like KissManga would have ReLIFE (all of it). I say this because if I remember right, the only being translated by Crunchyroll and they dropped it before it was even finished. So there is no other way to actually read them in English other than a site like that.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
One that could fly under the radar this season whose manga is really good is Grand Blue, a show about diving!

Opening disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Underage drinking is strongly prohibited and illegal. Scenes involving alcohol with forceful consumption and shameful acts are not encouraged. Please view this as a comedy. Furthermore, all characters appearing in this work are of legal age.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been watching a lot of anime shows lately, but I won't really delve into that as of now.

I just wanted to add here is thatYu Yu Hakusho is getting a new OVA which features two new stories. The first one is about Hiei meeting Kurama for the first time, while the second one is the gang going back to Spirit World to solve a hostage situation. Not sure if the second one is some kind of epilogue or if it will take some time during the original anime as the Cowboy Bebop movie was with the show's storyline. Sounds like the OVA will premiere on October 6th in Japan and will go on sale with the Blu-Ray collector box-set on October 26th.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
One Punch Man S2 air dates announced...

Episode 1: This weekend.
The rest: Winter 2020.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Sources were wrong, will air Spring 2019.

We get Season 2 of Mob Psycho 100 in Winter 2019 then Season 2 of One Punch Man in Spring 2019. Sign me up. Personally more hype for MP100 then OPM.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't have it mapped out or anything but it feels like the standard 12-episodes will be too short for OPM season 2, a double that runs for 24 weeks seems more appropriate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad