OT: General, All-Purpose Fantasy Hockey Thread (how's YOUR team look?)

TCDaniels

Legen... Wait for it
Feb 12, 2003
Maine
I had a look and didn't find any general threads for Fantasy Hockey... Just the one specifically for the HF Fantasy League... If I just missed it (which happens a lot these days) - please feel free to move / edit / delete / raze...

Had our draft last night... Our league looks like this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teams: 9 (mostly my brother's old college Frat Bros, along with some othe Hockey Dads)

Type: Straight up points - NOT head-to-head or anything

PLAYERS: 10F, 6D, 3G, 2 Utility (other Players - any position PLAYING), 4 Bench (other Players - any position NOT PLAYING)

PONTS: Unweighted - G / A / PPP / PIM / +/- Goalies: Wins / SV% / GAA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We tend to have a run on Goalies at the beginning (relatively few GOOD Fantasy goalies in the League, making up 38% of your score) - I believe 10 of the first 14-15 picks were goalies this year.

I tend to front-load defensemen a bit as well... I've found a lot of Forwards are interchangable when it comes to Fantasy Points... Defensemen, not so much, and given that 1/3 of your points will come from them, you should try to build a decent D-corps... It seems to have been a good strategy thus far, I've had some decent success.

My D-corps this year is insane... After the draft, I went back and looked and nearly soiled myself. Holy crap:

PK Subban
Z
Erik Karlsson
Shea Weber
Mike Green
OEL

And as an insurance policy, J-Bo... Remember - 9 teams, 6 Defensemen per team... Yow. That's not bad.

Rest of the team is pretty good - I don't have a Sid / Malkin / Stamkos, but I do have a bunch of next tier guys... And two of my goalies are Quick and Bob... Hank and Tuukka went #1 and #2 overall

Overall, I think my team is pretty good. I think I have a decent shot at continuing success...

How's your team looking?

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
This is my team in the HFBruins league (ESPN). Head to Head 18 team league. I picked 7th I think my team's "o.k" will just have to see. I'd never done a hockey draft before. I wish I had picked up a very good goalie and not waited untill the later rounds.

FLYING VOYNOVS (0-0)
SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS ACQ
F Corey Perry, Ana F DTD Draft
F Henrik Zetterberg, Det F Draft
F Tyler Seguin, Dal F Draft
F Jarome Iginla, Bos F Draft
F Brad Marchand, Bos F Draft
F Teddy Purcell, TB F Draft
F Chris Neil, Ott F Draft
F Jussi Jokinen, Pit F Draft
F David Booth, Van F Draft

D Torey Krug, Bos D Draft