General 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Talk

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Vanacek is hurt after giving up a goal. With Samsonov still out, Craig Anderson is now the Caps goalie.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Fiala gets the entire book thrown at him and McDonough will get a minor and a slap on the wrist fine because it’s the playoffs.

Reactions: Blue Ox

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Betting companies have Tampa as the Cup winner, I'm not that impressed..

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
They’re not as deep as they were right now but when they put Kucherov, Stamkos, Point, Cirelli, and Headman out there, there’s not a whole lot you can do to contain that.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Absolute brain dead play by Bennett and now it’s a game again.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Interesting that Kucherov got healthy just in time for the playoffs. :sarcasm:
That loop hole drives me nuts... Adding Kuch and Stamkos back in, and the whole Kane thing a handful of years back. Seems odd there hasn't been something to mitigate this from being allowed to circumnavigate cap

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That loop hole drives me nuts... Adding Kuch and Stamkos back in, and the whole Kane thing a handful of years back. Seems odd there hasn't been something to mitigate this from being allowed to circumnavigate cap
The solution is so simple that I would think even the NHL could figure it out.

To be eligible for the playoffs a player must be on the active roster on the last day of the regular season.

Reactions: StateofCelly

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

To be eligible for the playoffs a player must be on the active roster on the last day of the regular season.

or something along the lines of: salary cap increases to this percent in the post season (to ensure the expanded roster doesnt allow ltir circumvention)

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

They want their star players in the playoffs for ratings and such, so it is understandable why they willingly overlook simple things like this. There are several solutions they could look at, yours is the most clear cut.. but its just another laughable oversight at this point.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's the rules. Most teams can't have a player like Kucherov miss the season and still make the playoffs. It's like us not having Kaprizov this year. Kudos to them for having such depth on their team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad