Confirmed with Link: Gemel Smith - Waived by Boston 12/18

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Yeah, I believe Dom mentioned him in a thread a few days ago. I like this kids game.

He might be pushing Acciari out of the lineup, too.

Acciari, Kuraly or any of the other uninspiring 4th liners the Bruins have been trotting out this year. I haven't been this bored by a Bruins team in a very long time. A decade at least.

Reactions: Strafer

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Hockey's Future - Gemel Smith

Talent Analysis

"Smith was one of the fastest players taken in the 2012 draft. He is an energy player that makes the Energizer Bunny look like a tortoise and is an annoying player, constantly in the opposition’s face. Despite lacking size he is physical and tenacious. His feet never stop moving and he wins a lot of battles by that virtue. Smith is a strong forechecker that can fly back to cover defensively. Most of his scoring comes from turnovers he forces. He doesn’t possess elite offensive skills but has some good passing ability. Smith won’t score any goals from far-out because of a lacking shot."

Last edited:

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I believe I recall him standing out in the preseason. Haven't seen much or at all since.

I'm not against the pick up.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
with a move like this, how long would a player typically need before he can be on the ice with the big club? Is it just a matter of getting to where the team is to suit up? Maybe in time for the Leafs tilt?

If they needed him tonight to fill out the roster he would get their in time. I'd expect him at practice tomorrow.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
What this team didn't have enough 4th line guys already? We needed to add one more?

But in all seriousness he's suppose to be a very good skater which is a plus. Then again, Sean Kuraly is a very good skater and is still mostly useless.

Just looking at his numbers not much upside there, but seems to be a bit more of an agitator and the Bruins could use some of that type as oppose to the type of more honest physical game brought by the likes of Acciari.

Also allows them to send both Donato and JFK back down when Bergeron returns and still have 13 forwards on the roster, which is likely where this is headed.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What this team didn't have enough 4th line guys already? We needed to add one more?

But in all seriousness he's suppose to be a very good skater which is a plus. Then again, Sean Kuraly is a very good skater and is still mostly useless.

Just looking at his numbers not much upside there, but seems to be a bit more of an agitator and the Bruins could use some of that type as oppose to the type of more honest physical game brought by the likes of Acciari.

Also allows them to send both Donato and JFK back down when Bergeron returns and still have 13 forwards on the roster, which is likely where this is headed.

if he is an upgrade on what the B`s are currently icing on a 4th line then I`m all for it. Haven`t seen him play from all I remember therefor, no opinion on the move

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->