Gdt

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
preds win game 1 against the panthers. jarnkrok to me looks like he could be a legit top 6 option in the middle. smith was the best player of the game. scored our only regulation goal and in the shootout. Roy scored in the shootout as well (preds 2-1 winning by the SO). Hutton played well. lots of scrubs in for both teams

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
seen diaby and a few prospects as well as fisher in suits. talk to diaby about his fight the other night. told me the guy he fought got him a few times. his reply to me when I asked if he liked to fight.. He said "yeah i don't mind it".

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
End of the 2nd. 2-1 NSH with goals from Ã…berg and Fiala. Wish there was at least a radio feed.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Goal song is odd.
I think the chants may have run their course.

Looked liked Weber took a puck to the chin that stung him.
Left in the 3rd.

Solid game tho, another 3 or 4 off the pipe.

Last edited:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So I've got to give it to my wife, she made two great observations at tonight's game.

1. Very little dump and chase.

2. Keeping the pressure up and the game plan even when up by 2 late in the game.

It was not boring to watch. Lots of forechecking. Got to see some of the younger guys in action in a bigger setting against better talent than at the prospects games last week and Forsberg still looked dangerous and as if he's adjusted much better to the smaller rinks. Fiala is a keeper. While he may benefit from another season overseas, he may do just fine here on the smaller rinks. He's going to be a good one. Ribeiro and Neal didn't overwhelm me but at the same time, they did get it going later in the game and when they kick it into that other gear, you see the talent. Aberg with a solid game with two goals. He's a darkhorse to me longterm. I like his game for whatever reason. Solid two way player.

It'll be interesting to see who Lavy keeps and what lines they play on but right now, with the players sent down to Milwaukee, those that were cut and those that are injured, all the forwards could be on the opening day roster and that includes, Fiala, Forsberg and Beck. Cullen, Fisher and Stalberg are all out injured so we have 14 healthy forwards at this time. Fiala is going to make it very hard on Poile and Lavy as to what to do with him. I'd love to see him get 9 games to see what he can do. That's just me though. Some kids are ready, some aren't. I think he's good to go.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
The fans were starting the you suck chants after the 3rd and 4th goals in the second game. Beat the hell outta you was there as well.

Once the season begins in full they'll have the rhythm down with the new goal song.

Couldn't tell if Weber hurt his arm or chin but the puck was the cause for sure. It didn't look to bad though.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
As for the chants... in between games, the Preds had a camera crew up in 303 filming a bunch of crap... CRAWWWWW-FORD, CRAWWWWW-FORD... HAWKS SUCK... etc.

and the whole, "you suck"... "it's all your fault"... "sieve...sieve...sieve" thing.

I assume they are going to go remedial on the rest of the building to teach us when it's our turn to chant all this minor league crap (granted minor league crap the fans love, and I've grown amused enough with that I always try to bring my LA and NY friends in for a game so they can hear it themselves... unfortunately last year I brought two to shutouts (oops)... ) When Chicago comes to town, we will see what the Preds film crew came up with. The people in 303 that participated were definitely enjoying their time in front of the camera :)

The crowds for the two games was marginal, but after the second, the traffic surrounding the parking behind the arena was absurd, and the bridge going to East Nashville from Korean Vets Blvd. was CLOSED, so it was an extra hour of hell, going 5 miles... But hockey is back, and the Preds are gonna compete, because this is a way better team, and seemingly an infinitely more interesting system to watch.

P.S. A personal highlight was tweeting Paul McCann to let him know he announced Florida's #73 Brandon Pirri as FELIX GIRARD, both for his goal and his subsequent penalty. The highlight came when Paul tweeted back about five seconds later. LOL. He was obviously enjoying pre-season as well... In the second game, the first goal went to AY-Berg, and the second of his went to AH-Berg... just working out the kinks :)

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Just now got home, having the Korean War Bridge closed sucked big time, would have been nice to get a heads up that was going to be happening. Spending and hour just to loop back to the arena was not on my bucket list

Games were fun. Loved seeing the kids of tomorrow. Only a week and some change until we do it for real, can't wait!

Go Preds!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone know why the Korean Vets bridge was closed? We parked on the north side of the arena and it looked like rush hour trying to get in to the city at 10PM on both the James Robertson bridge and the Woodland Street Bridge. I have no idea what was going on where so many people were heading into town that late at night.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Gotta say, I noticed exactly two dump into the zones plays last night...really like the tempo of Laviolettes new system.

Neal had a 'it's preseason' kinda night. Was looking forward to seeing something from him, but the only thing that stood out was some speed and a couple of moves with the puck in the offensive zone in the 2nd that gave me reason to raise my eyebrows in a good way.

Game Ops should mike up the 303 area for the goal song. Doesn't need to be loud enough to be equal to the music, but at a level that sounds like crowd noise (somebody can ask game ops in Kansas City or Seattle how to do that) to get the rest of the stadium up to speed on the cadence of the 'You Suck' celebration. Definitely like having a more updated song (and one that doesn't belong to a child rapist).

We sat right in front of the two suites that the players were sitting in at the 7pm showing..I think I recognized two of those guys...yeesh lots of new faces to get to know..

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Does anyone know why the Korean Vets bridge was closed? We parked on the north side of the arena and it looked like rush hour trying to get in to the city at 10PM on both the James Robertson bridge and the Woodland Street Bridge. I have no idea what was going on where so many people were heading into town that late at night.

Pretty sure it was TSU homecoming at LP Field related. Horrific traffic. We parked in the music city center ..great parking uber close to the Bridge. First time we tried it, really nice.

Lots of super heros coming from the comic con...fun to people watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad