Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
RoyIsALegend said:
The Americans look absolutely terrible.

Awful hockey club.

U.S. still carried the edge in play by a slight margin and generated more quality scoring opportunities than the Czechs in this game. Koutsky came up large for them, I commeneted on the Czechs questionable decision to start Koutsky, but if Schwarz were to have started, the States may have had a better result... Koutsky was named the Czech player of the game for good reason.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Boomhower said:
U.S. still carried the edge in play by a slight margin and generated more quality scoring opportunities than the Czechs in this game. Koutsky came up large for them, I commeneted on the Czechs questionable decision to start Koutsky, but if Schwarz were to have started, the States may have had a better result... Koutsky was named the Czech player of the game for good reason.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to say a team was horrible when the had almost 40 shots on goal and only gave up two (the third being an empty netter). Disappointing, but not horribel. At least the team played better than against Belarus, and has another chance against Sweden, which is a very winnable game IMO.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
The US outplayed the Czech's particularly in the third period, they just couldn't manage to finish their chances. They should have won the game but will have another shot against the Swedes. Without a doubt, they will have to get better goaltending and finish from their scorers if they are to advance to the final.

em1ss

Dec 27, 2004
PA, USA
chicpea said:
I think if the US plays like it did last night, they will demolish Sweden.
I didn't get to see this game or even listen Ranger. Worked 7-7 last three nights. Were they more responsible defensively, have they gotten the message at all? Sounds like they played pretty well. I also missed the Czech game, did Borer play? He was out for Belarus.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
19bruins19 said:
The Americans were upset, and at the end, Vrana began to talk a lot of trash, hence the misconduct penelty.

Vrana was talking trash?
I like this guy.

Reminds me more and more of Sergei Brylin... maybe with more pure talent, but same work ethic and attitude, not to mention solid defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad