Half-Assed GDT: GDT - this time with 50% less ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Would anyone trade Petro for a signed Nylander? It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, create cap space and force a new hopefully competent captain. Besides we have Chris Butler in waiting who has more goals than Petro, lol.
Hell no, as bad as he's been to start the years, he's going to get his lashes.... but you don't trade him

Reactions: simon IC and Bendak

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
wall be like "yo dawg it's not my fault you keep walking into me"
wall-break-gif.gif

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Would anyone trade Petro for a signed Nylander? It would kill 2 birds with 1 stone, create cap space and force a new hopefully competent captain. Besides we have Chris Butler in waiting who has more goals than Petro, lol.
I have a better idea.

We don’t do that, keep Pietrangelo, and stop this arrogant nonesense that us fans have a better idea who a “competent captain” is as if it is somehow a universal fact.

Last edited:

phxblue

Dec 17, 2015
fire yeo already and give the captain to someone else, an actual leader.
Schwartz if he could play more than 65 Games a year. Schenn instead.

And I really hope the next coach forces Parayko and Petro to take the body once in a while. Especially Parayko because never taking the body makes you predictable

Parayko once made Pat Kane look like a little kid trying to play against his Dad. He has tools you can't teach .

He once was called the next Shea Weber. But now he's looking more like the next Jay Bouwmeester, minus the scoring when he was in Florida.

Not bad, he was a valuable player. But as Mike Peca said, a guy you love to play against because he has no heart.

And don't give me that Nik Lidstrom bla bla bla bs.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
ROR has been a beast, and the "Schwartz" of this team so far. I hope the team starts to match his intensity at some point. IMO, though, there have been a lot of outstanding individual games. The problem is that there is no coaching. #YEOMUSTGO

Reactions: Bendak

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
People bagging on Petro for the game winner are ignoring Bouwmeester. Yes Pie misplayed the puck on the boards, but Bo left the left side undefended. If Petro is paired with Edmundson, they don't score there. Bo came flying across the ice and left the far side completely undefended. Kesler came off the boards with it. But he didn't have a scoring angle with Johnson in position, so there was no urgent need to pressure him. Petro had basically recovered his position to defend Kesler, but couldn't get across far side. Yet JBo still came across for some reason and now we have two guys watching Kesler and nobody defending the backdoor. Pietrangelo made a mistake, and is partially to blame. But the moral of the story is "Do not pair Pietrangelo with Bouwmeester". No idea how many times we have to see them hold each other back before we stop.

Wow. How would it create cap space when Nylander is looking for $7.5M/year? Sure he will probably have to settle for less. But it won't be a huge discount on Petro. Plus we have a deep Top 6 and we are scoring, but our team defense is a mess. How does trading for scoring forward who is just OK defensively help that? God I hope you are kidding about Butler waiting, I really do. Just terrible all around.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Hey fellas. Former user (10 years ago or so) rejoining the Blues message board community to share my frustrations with the current shyte show we've all had to bear witness to through the first two weeks;
or 52 years depending upon the level of cynicism of each individual. Glad to be back and hope to get this team turned around with the impending demise of Mike Yeogurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->