Dec 5, 2016
f8b1b527610fb4128323eb1eda737f3e.gif
"Yea, that's right"

Reactions: Bendak

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Just looking over stats right now. Things that stand out to me.

* In 4 games we have given up 5, 5, 3, 4 goals against. That is just to many goals, you can blame that whoever you want but I think it is little bit of Allen and a little bit of very poor defense.
* In those same 4 games we have scored 1, 4, 5, 3 goals for. The offense is getting the job done. The PP despite playing sloppy at time it is actually scoring a good rate.
* Alex Pietrangelo is sitting at a -4 with zero points on the year. We need much better play from our captain. I wouldn't mind someone from the media holding him accountable for his rough start.
* The "top line" of Maroon - O'Reilly - Tarasenko has put up 9 points between them but 5 of those points have come on the PP. (O'Reilly 2 assist, Tarasenko 1 goal/1 assist)
* The "top line" also is currently sitting at a combined minus -15. The line is not working well 5 on 5 and needs to be split. The obvious move would be Maroon who has yet to contribute a single point outside of the PP.
* Tyler Bozak has 1 assist on the year and zero PP points despite being on the top unit and getting both significant TOI and PPTOI.

Last edited:

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Looks like Blues are going with 7D tonight. Yeo knows he couldn't scratch Schmaltz and had to get Dunn back in but doesn't have the guts to sit down Bortuzzo or Bouwmeester.

Reactions: mk80 and Bendak

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Going with 7 defensemen tonight. It's certainly a change but I don't think the change needs to be an extra d-man in the lineup rather than a better defensive system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad