GDT: GDT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers exit the playoffs in the most Steelers like way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Hey let’s give this team props for pulling out a huge three point win agt the Bengals when everything was on the line.... they fought and clawed agt um, that backup QB I never heard of throwing to that new starting receiver I never heard of... and they covered the ghost of Eifert to.

Debbie Downers.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
Yeh....its Mike Tomlins fault Ben has thrown gamebreaking int's. Its also his fault backs and receivers fumble the ball in crucial situations. Its his fault Kevin Colbert didn't draft corners in the first round until Artie Burns. Its Mike Tomlin's fault they didn't give more attention to drafting inside linebackers after Shazier was hurt. So fire him......who are you bringing in who is GUARANTEED to win more games and get further in the playoffs?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
As a serious comment, the Steelers are the 3rd best team in the AFC North going forward, which should terrify all Steelers fans. I'm not familiar with either the Ravens or the Browns cap situation, but if they're not losing a bunch of people this off-season, they're going to be better teams than the Steelers next year without the Steelers making big changes.

Reactions: KIRK

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
Frustrating but will be even worse because Tomlin will stay.
Maybe they’ll bump Butler Porter Smith....I guess that’s good.

But I’d like to be a fly on the wall when the minority owners chat w Rooney.
Bottom line is gross underachievement repeatedly for years. Playing down to competition for years. Losing 2-3 games a season, to awful teams, that screws playoff position, for years. And now finally screwed themselves right out of the post-season.
A really bad, predictable pattern. And that doesn’t even touch on Tomlin’s personal coaching idiocies, time mgmt, Challenges, and so on.
They got humiliated in NE 2 yrs ago, embarrassed at home last year, and this year sh*t the bed completely from 7-2-1.
This year stands out because previously they tended to improve throughout the season after half-azzed starts. This year was a collapse.

Oh well. Tomlin is Teflon. So frustrating.

Reactions: KIRK

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
Yeh....its Mike Tomlins fault Ben has thrown gamebreaking int's. Its also his fault backs and receivers fumble the ball in crucial situations. Its his fault Kevin Colbert didn't draft corners in the first round until Artie Burns. Its Mike Tomlin's fault they didn't give more attention to drafting inside linebackers after Shazier was hurt. So fire him......who are you bringing in who is GUARANTEED to win more games and get further in the playoffs?
there are obviously no guarantees and Tomlin just crashes out of the playoffs, but curious why you think the best up and coming coach wouldn’t have equal probability of making the playoffs as Tomlin. Unless you think the whole organization is rotten?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I’m so tired of this team mind-f***ing me for the last month. At least it’s finally over. Today was the ultimate mind f***, I thought the Browns were going to win at the end.

Here is to hoping there is a scandal involving the Rooneys this spring. We are screwed with them as the owners.

Colbert, Butler, Tomlin, and Danny Smith need to be fired. But the spineless owners won’t do it. Tomlin’s pathetic record against sub .500 teams increased dramatically after today’s win against the CFL Bengals.

Go Chargers

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

You realize that Tomlin has final say on who gets drafted right? You also realize that asking loaded questions that no one will answer because nothing is a guarantee doesn’t make you right either? Let me ask you something who would they hire that is GUARANTEED to be worse than him?

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like your coach definitely deserves to be fired once the defenses of him become "who is guaranteed to do better than him as coach?" or pointing out other problems on the team. If you can't defend your coach doing a good job by pointing out ways he's doing a good job, he's doing a bad job.

Reactions: Andy99

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014

Shut up Mike.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

Thanks for the lulz Mrs Tomlin :laugh:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

I can’t believe at this point so many people still can’t see the truth.

Living in denial about Tomlin makes you as delusional as.... the owner.

Sad.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
As a serious comment, the Steelers are the 3rd best team in the AFC North going forward, which should terrify all Steelers fans. I'm not familiar with either the Ravens or the Browns cap situation, but if they're not losing a bunch of people this off-season, they're going to be better teams than the Steelers next year without the Steelers making big changes.
a coaching change is enough to keep us in contention for a couple more years.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
You realize that Tomlin has final say on who gets drafted right? You also realize that asking loaded questions that no one will answer because nothing is a guarantee doesn’t make you right either? Let me ask you something who would they hire that is GUARANTEED to be worse than him?
Who said that?? I want documented proof he has final say. If he does then demote him there but ive never heard that. Show me....

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
when all of those things keep happening all the time, yes. Yes it is.

2wayPlay

Dec 25, 2018

People that ask who would you hire as the next HC are the best. As if anyone heard of the loser Mike Tomlin before we hired him?

I’m sure any number of candidates could do equally as terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->