GDT: Sweden vs. Russia, Feb 16, 4:00 PM Torino, 10:00 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think the loss of Zhitnik to the Russians is pretty big. Vishnevski was probably the worst player on the ice yesterday for the Russians, the quick Slovak forwards were easily skating around him.

I dont think his brand of hockey fits well on the big ice, kind of like Hatcher.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
3-2 Russia.

Cannot wait to see the Russian forwards test Lundqvist. Should be a good one.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
If Lundqvist and the Sedins play well and our PP gets going I think we will win this 3-1.

shawn_kemp*

Predatore said:
3-2 Russia.

Cannot wait to see the Russian forwards test Lundqvist. Should be a good one.

No man, Russia is worse. Stop underrating yourself! :sarcasm:

Coffee and 7's*

This is a crazy game!! I've never feared Russia as much as I do today...I even removed as many Swedes I could in my fantasy leauge!!
I will watch ever minute of this game and I will cheer for my boys like never before. But to be honest I believe Russia win 4-3

Ovechkin x2
Kovalev
Afinogenov

D. Sedin
H. Sedin
Alfredsson

being the scorers!

EDIT: Oh...is Lundqvist in net? 3-0, Sweden then... :sarcasm:

Last edited by a moderator:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I think Sweden takes advantage of Russia's youth, and questionable defensive play, but should be a good game with exciting goals and chances(Watch it be a 0-0 tie now that I said that.... :p: )

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I have problems deciding where I'm gonna watch the game.
At home, with a lot of popcorn, but alone.
With friends, without popcorn, but a 72" plasma TV.
Or, at a bar with lots of beer? :(

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Vikke said:
I have problems deciding where I'm gonna watch the game.
At home, with a lot of popcorn, but alone.
With friends, without popcorn, but a 72" plasma TV.
Or, at a bar with lots of beer? :(
Make popcorn and bring them to your friends'?

Coffee and 7's*

mattihp said:
Make popcorn and bring them to your friends'?

No, make popcorn bring the pops AND the friends to the bar!! and drink all beer in the world!! :biglaugh: :yo:

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
Lundqvist is gonna step it up for Sweden. Russia is going to be down 0-2. Thats a big hole to get out of.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
I'm really excited now but I'm also a lot worried. However, I'll be optimistic and say that Sweden will win 2-0. Sweden will have a big job in shutting down the russian forwards, but the slovaks impressed me more in the first game. I really hope Ronnie Sundin hasn't arrived yet...

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
5-3 Sweden. Team Russia will lose their composure as the game gets away from them.

Hollywood

Mar 2, 2004
Canada
Did Frolov play yesterdays game against the Slovaks? Is he playing today? I figured he'd be a big player for the Russians with his ability to control the puck along the outside especially on PP's

Coffee and 7's*

Hollywood said:
Did Frolov play yesterdays game against the Slovaks? Is he playing today? I figured he'd be a big player for the Russians with his ability to control the puck along the outside especially on PP's

I saw him once in the game yesterday with a give-away...but maybe that was just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad