GDT: Sweden vs. Kazakhstan, 11:30am Torino, 5:30am ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
*gasp*

That was one boring game. Good to see fourth liner Mika Hannula with a decent game though. Sedins looked good as well, as did Holmström (cannot believe he was not on the roster from the beginning).

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Wow. That's all that I can say. Sweden did not even break a sweat. They almost looked disinterested. So calm, so smooth, so nonchalant. I'm scared for Russia now. And Henke is in net.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Yeah, pretty boring game. But props to Kazakhstan for giving 100% and playing a pretty solid defensive game. :handclap:

Anyways, if we're gonna win against Russia our big line and our PP needs to improve.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
typical first game... I was actually afraid we'd do worse than this.

Once we had the game we resorted to fancy play, trying to go 1-on-1 and played overly ambitious, but that's what can be expected.

Hannula, Sammy, Sedins looked speedy and confident.

Russia will be another story, far more telling than this one :banana:

C-J...*

The ice seemed to be a biiiiig problem, especially for the Swedes apparently.

Alfredsson acted like he didnt care, no effort and just stickhandled like a primadonna whenever he got the puck.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
According to todays Ottawa Sun,Alfredsson had a wisdom tooth pulled just before he left for Turin. His face was swllen and it was giving him some trouble which is why he had to leave practice early on Monday.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Hävelid looked to be in good form, we will need him. Can't belive they picked Ronnie Sundin. His best years are far behind him... :shakehead

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Salming said:
Ronnie Sundin!

Oduya if any from SEL!

Ronnie Sundin was a bad choice (not that we have that many other players to chose from), but picking Oduya would have been even worse.

I would have brought in Wallin or perhaps Boumedienne.

Salming

Mar 17, 2002
Sweden
Visit site
oh, that is right he was in that scandal.

Oduya excels at international play but Boumedienne would be an even better choice.

This means that we are missing Lilja, Tallinder, Kronwall, Johnsson and Norstrom. All of whom could would break this line up normally.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
This D will not take us anywhere. Too many poke check artists, not enough muscle. Adding Ronnie Sundin won't improve anything either, because apparantly holding won't be allowed in the tournament. Englund & Englund should be chased tarred & feathered down Drottninggatan for extending Tallinder and Liljas suspensions.

Losing Norström was the single worst thing that could happen.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Riddarn said:
This D will not take us anywhere. Too many poke check artists, not enough muscle. Adding Ronnie Sundin won't improve anything either, because apparantly holding won't be allowed in the tournament. Englund & Englund should be chased tarred & feathered down Drottninggatan for extending Tallinder and Liljas suspensions.

Losing Norström was the single worst thing that could happen.

I agree, we have one elite pairing (Lidas and Öhlund). The two others are clearly a bit shaky and I'm not sure that they will be able to stop a strong, physical team like Canada. We need Lidas and Öhlund playing 30 minutes each.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Seiza said:
We need Lidas and Öhlund playing 30 minutes each.

I agree. I would actually like to split them up. Lidström with Hävelid and Öhlund with Jönsson.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Losing Lundqvist would be worst but yes after that I agree, Norström is very important... F**K! And not being able to bring in Tallinder or Lilja... horrible.

SChan*

we wont get far with this D. How many 2-1 chances did we give Khzacstan? Imagine this D vs Canada or Russia. Ronnie Sundin will just make it worse.

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Riddarn said:
I agree. I would actually like to split them up. Lidström with Hävelid and Öhlund with Jönsson.

That would probably be the best thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->