GDt: Sweden-Finland, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
This one could go either way. Since I am a Finn I'll go for 5-4 Finland.

Joensuu, Tukonen, Makkonen x2 and Korpikoski for Finland.
Salmonsson x2, Persson and Svanberg for Sweden.

I hope the teams are interested in playing for the 5th position. Then again, Sweden almost always brings out the best in Finns, regardless of game importance.

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
I didn't even know they were going to play this game, it's just so unnecessary. And of course they're not even broadcasting it, great. I just don't know... I hope Joensuu plays a good game and gets a goal or two. Definitely my favourite player from this Team Finland. I don't mind losing to Swedes since we've already played better tournament than expected, but it would be nice to end this thing with a win.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
5-3 Sweden

Nilsson, Eriksson(2), Nagander, Salmonsson(EN)

Tukonen, Joensuu, Nokelainen

Hoping to see Fransson at least pick up a point here :) .

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Ipa said:
I didn't even know they were going to play this game, it's just so unnecessary. And of course they're not even broadcasting it, great. I just don't know... I hope Joensuu plays a good game and gets a goal or two. Definitely my favourite player from this Team Finland. I don't mind losing to Swedes since we've already played better tournament than expected, but it would be nice to end this thing with a win.

It's not that pointless. Finishing 5th will give you a better Group next year than finishing 6th, or so someone told me.

If that's not true, then it is pointless.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Finland will win. Can Sweden compete with a team packed with talent such as Tukonen, Nokelainen, Korpikoski and Joensuu?

No, everybody realizes that this is an impossible task for a third tier hockey nation such as Sweden. Hopefully their coach has realized it too and has instructed the Swedes to do everything they can to trap, cluch & grap and bore the Finns to death in order to keep the numbers down.

Finland will win by at least a 5 goal margin!

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Riddarn said:
No, everybody realizes that this is an impossible task for a third tier hockey nation such as Sweden.

Wasn't it a third WORLD hockey nation? I think it has a better sound to it. :D

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
tommi462 said:
It's not that pointless. Finishing 5th will give you a better Group next year than finishing 6th, or so someone told me.

Ok, but what is that better group excatly? I don't think it really makes a difference which of the top countries we have to face. They could roll a dice or something.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Ipa said:
Ok, but what is that better group excatly? I don't think it really makes a difference which of the top countries we have to face. They could roll a dice or something.

True, considering the medal rounds. However considering the difference between placing 5th-6th or going through the relegation can depend greatly on the group.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
5-3 Sweden, Finland has really disappointed this year but I think they could be the team to beat next year

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Finn said:
Sweden PP....

anyone know where I can listen to the game?

Things are looking grim, I don't think there is anything else but the IIHF site :(

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Soderberg scores! Assist to Salmonsson :)handclap: ) and Eriksson!

It says SH2... Don't really know what that means. The time leads you to believe it was even strength, and since there were assists, it wasn't a penalty shot or anything. :dunno:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
tommi462 said:
Sweden scores a shorthanded?

Pretty strange in that case, because in that case they would have had 3 forwards on ice in a 5-on-3 PP. Not very likely ;)

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Riddarn said:
Pretty strange in that case, because in that case they would have had 3 forwards on ice in a 5-on-3 PP. Not very likely ;)

Yeah, but the IIHF site said SH2, with no record of any penalties at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad