GDT: Slovakia-Belarus, Noon Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
7-2 Slovakia

Edit: I'm expecting Ruzicka to score 2-3 goals in this one, with Meszaros getting 1+2.

Kastsitsyn x2 for Belorus.

Last edited:

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
Sure they will have some confidence after beating the US, but still both teams are in the relegation round. I doubt either will feel all that great, with Slovakia feeling much, much worse.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Meszaros is OUT of the tourney BTW. He has a broken rib. I even made a thread about it but it had 0 replies. It somewhere.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
12# Peter Bondra said:
Meszaros is OUT of the tourney BTW. He has a broken rib. I even made a thread about it but it had 0 replies. It somewhere.

Ouch. Well, I think Slovakia will handle this one even without him. If they have the spirit, of course.

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
The IIHF website has him in the lineup, I haven't noticed it being wrong yet. Mind you, I found your thread and the coach says he's gone, what more do you need?

EDIT: Now the game summary has him as recording one shot in the first period.

Last edited:

Sammy*

RuzickaFan23 said:
The IIHF website has him in the lineup, I haven't noticed it being wrong yet. Mind you, I found your thread and the coach says he's gone, what more do you need?
Hes not only supposedly in the lineup, he supposedly has a shot in the first.
On another note, I cant see him making the allstar team if he doesnt play in this round (or anyone else for that matter) .

flip588

Mar 22, 2004
1-0 Belarus, goal from Zakharov.

The Slovaks must really be down on themselves, or Belarus could be playing quite well. I didn't expect the score to be close, let alone have the Slovaks trailing by a goal.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Looks like my score prediction is going down the toilet. Shots are pretty even...maybe relegation games just don't interest the Slovaks enough.

CH Wizard

What a defensive game.Just one goal after two periods.WOW !

Go Belarus Go !!!!

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Once again, this proves the IIHF system is crap. Next year, team Belarus will miss Kostitsyn, Zhakarov, Karaga, etc. and will probably suck as much the Germans did this year...

Whatever, Go Belarus!

penopekoo

Jul 1, 2003
Montreal
www.indieville.com
The plot thickens...

Incidentally, how do relegation games work? There are four teams: Slovakia, Germany, Belarus, Switzerland... Is it just like a mini-tournament, with the two teams with the least points getting relegated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->