GDT: GDT Sign up Thread

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You have made some great past GDT Cor, so hopefully you come up with another beauty, and suggest you were only being sarcastic about signing up to represents the Leaf board and then mailing it in.

Remember its a privilege that HF is allowing the Leafs board GDT header to be used on main boards for the playoff thread. If we don't take it seriously we could lose that privilege.

Only posters that volunteer and are taking this seriously should apply to represent.

so what if the posters who volunteer and take it seriously don't have the creative wheretofore to 'visually create' something and want to use what they are good at (being articulate and using text to convey their point). instead? What if people make a GDT that's easily read on their phone, and isn't image heavy?

I'm not sure why people should feel bad that they have different strengths but still want to contribute, just so it can look 'nice' on the mainboards. and again "Nice" can be so subjective. because as with everything - it's with the eye of the beholder - and in my opinion should be supported, not shunted because they don't have keen photoshop skills.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm sure Cor can do a good enough job while throwing just enough shade at the antics that went on yesterday

That was my idea behind the MS Paint thing. I'd still be a GDT with all the usual info I typically post. But it'd be "bad" as a slight at all the GDT nonsense that's gone on.

I dunno, I can just do a regular one. After all, no fun allowed on the internet.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
If its not good enough they will simply use the Bruins GDT like they did last game.

If you have no intention of doing a proper one that can be used on main playoff board header then perhaps someone else should do it.

What does good enough mean?

Can the GDT not be anti-Bruins?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
That was my idea behind the MS Paint thing. I'd still be a GDT with all the usual info I typically post. But it'd be "bad" as a slight at all the GDT nonsense that's gone on.

I dunno, I can just do a regular one. After all, no fun allowed on the internet.
Do whatever you want, who cares if they don't want to use it on the main board.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
If its not good enough they will simply use the Bruins GDT like they did last game.

If you have no intention of doing a proper one that can be used on main playoff board header then perhaps someone else should do it.
Not good enough? Who's to decide what's good enough or not and why does it matter? Where are all these rules for making GDT's for the mainboard?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Oh, of course.

At least in 2015, my legendary season got us Auston Matthews.

And yes, I am the sole person responsible for Matthews becoming a Leaf, and the entire turn around of our team ;)

ahem.
i made the draft lottery GDT, so. i have partial credit there.

Reactions: Loosie and Mugzy97

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I'm gonna do the worst GDT ever.

Black marker freehand text on white background in paint :laugh:

My own drawings of the logos.

It will be titled "Is This Gud Enough?"

I normally don't give a rats ass about GDT's but if it's up to me, Cor does the GDT and he has to do it exactly like this. And as far as it being or not being "good enough" goes, is there some rule here against people having a sense of humour?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You have made some great past GDT Cor, so hopefully you come up with another beauty, and suggest you were only being sarcastic about signing up to represents the Leaf board and then mailing it in.

Remember its a privilege that HF is allowing the Leafs board GDT header to be used on main boards for the playoff thread. If we don't take it seriously we could lose that privilege.

Only posters that volunteer and are taking this seriously should apply to represent.
I am kind of confused here. You say it is a privilege yet in the rules it blatantly states that the home teams GDT is the one posted on the main boards. There is no added context that it must meet a certain quality and there are zero guidelines as to what the hell these standards are. I mean at the end of the day if we want to make a GDT with a stick figure Auston Matthews standing over a stick figure Marchand done on paint....is the GDT somehow going to be ruined because it wasn't pretty enough? The entire thing is ridiculous and the only way to go is make fun of just how ridiculous it is.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I am kind of confused here. You say it is a privilege yet in the rules it blatantly states that the home teams GDT is the one posted on the main boards. There is no added context that it must meet a certain quality and there are zero guidelines as to what the hell these standards are. I mean at the end of the day if we want to make a GDT with a stick figure Auston Matthews standing over a stick figure Marchand done on paint....is the GDT somehow going to be ruined because it wasn't pretty enough? The entire thing is ridiculous and the only way to go is make fun of just how ridiculous it is.
The funny part is the whole fuss was started because Mess was the one who stole the info for our GDT from the Bruins GDT.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'll take Game 4, simply because if we lose tonight, it would be time for a tdg sdrawkcab
Have we not learned our lesson????
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->