GDT: GDT Sign-up 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
Doing my first GDT Friday...for you GDT veterans, got any advice? Do you usually put something together in photoshop or something?

Also, I don't even know how to upload an image in this stupid F'ing program....can someone help? It always makes me get a freaking link. Why can't I just upload an image from desktop or whatever?? I've also tried add media and that gets F'd too.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Doing my first GDT Friday...for you GDT veterans, got any advice? Do you usually put something together in photoshop or something?

Also, I don't even know how to upload an image in this stupid F'ing program....can someone help? It always makes me get a freaking link. Why can't I just upload an image from desktop or whatever?? I've also tried add media and that gets F'd too.
I use Photoshop, but I'm alone in that.

To paste photos,
- get the link to a photo on the internet (Open the image on its own in a new window and copy the URL or right click on an image and select to copy the URL of the image),
- press the "Image" button (with the picture of the mountains and the sun) on the toolbar of the window in HF where you're typing your post/creating the GDT, paste the link and select "Insert", like this:

275px-Mikko_Rantanen.jpg

Alternatively, you can paste the link within these tags (without the spaces): [ img ] [ /img ]

If you're using photos off of your own computer, like I do when I make stuff on PS, I would recommend using an image host like Imgur or similar and using the link the image host creates for your uploaded photo.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I use Photoshop, but I'm alone in that.

To paste photos,
- get the link to a photo on the internet (Open the image on its own in a new window and copy the URL or right click on an image and select to copy the URL of the image),
- press the "Image" button (with the picture of the mountains and the sun) on the toolbar of the window in HF where you're typing your post/creating the GDT, paste the link and select "Insert", like this:

275px-Mikko_Rantanen.jpg

Alternatively, you can paste the link within these tags (without the spaces): [ img ] [ /img ]

If you're using photos off of your own computer, like I do when I make stuff on PS, I would recommend using an image host like Imgur or similar and using the link the image host creates for your uploaded photo.

Am I alone in thinking it is absolutely ridiculous that you can't upload an image from your comp?? I'll check out Imgur. Thanks, Risto!

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

We all have our own styles, there's no set way to do it. Just have fun with it and don't take it too seriously.:teach:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just want to be @UncleRisto
Spending the time I have, learning the basic features of Photoshop on my own is in absolutely no one's best interest.

If it's not your job to use it, you better have ample free time. Basically it's the equivalent of drawing as a hobby... Which is something I did also do when I was younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->