17:30 MSK | 15:30 CET

vityaz_arena_2013.jpg

Ice Hockey Center Vityaz (5500), Podolsk

Streams:
KHL.RU; onhockey.ru

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
When will KHL come to NHL size rinks please ?
So far the match between Traktor and Ufa seems close to figure-skating with puck and sticks... Absolutely boring.

I watched many KHL matches in this season but only few showed the thing called ice-hockey.
( Admiral Vladivostok on their own ice and Medvescak Zagreb )

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
So far the match between Traktor and Ufa seems close to figure-skating with puck and sticks... Absolutely boring.

I watched many KHL matches in this season but only few showed the thing called ice-hockey.

Are you sure that you watched that game? :) There were many attacks and Garnet is the only reason why SYu scored only 3 goals

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
I can't find a Vityaz-SKA link to watch the game. Anyone know of an alternative website other than sport lemon and onhockey.tv

EDIT: Nevermind onhockey is working now!!!

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
SKA needs to start finishing or else this game isn't going to end well for them. Martensson has to be more selfish as well.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Nothing as boring as games at Medvescak's rink.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine

If you like hockey on NHL sized rinks, then you are free to watch the NHL. Although I don't know why you'd want to since the NHL is unwatchable. European hockey in general is a different game. Either get over it and enjoy it, or watch something else.

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario

Being a fan of both the NHL and KHL, I understand where you're coming from in terms of the ice sizes making a difference. However, I disagree that a bigger ice surface makes the game more "boring" but instead gives highly skilled players more time to react and showcase their talent. In the NHL, the game is much sloppier due to the constant changes of possession but in the KHL the game is much for fluid. You can have your own opinion about ice sizes and the nature of KHL hockey but to blatantly call these games "Absolutely boring" seems a little pessimistic.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Being a fan of both the NHL and KHL, I understand where you're coming from in terms of the ice sizes making a difference. However, I disagree that a bigger ice surface makes the game more "boring" but instead gives highly skilled players more time to react and showcase their talent. In the NHL, the game is much sloppier due to the constant changes of possession but in the KHL the game is much for fluid. You can have your own opinion about ice sizes and the nature of KHL hockey but to blatantly call these games "Absolutely boring" seems a little pessimistic.

That would be my point exactly. The NHL has been stuck in dump and chase mode for 40 years now, and can't get out of it. Not to mention the smaller ice surfaces spawned the horrific neutral zone defensive schemes. I suppose if you think clogging the front of the net, and shooting away hoping for a rebound is exciting hockey, then the NHL is your game. Personally, I'd rather watch puck possession, passing, and the skill of the players to get open and sacrifice a few shots on net. I haven't voluntarily watched an NHL game in almost 20 years, because I find it painfully boring.

ult

Sep 21, 2009
Vityaz is a positive surprise for me this season. They're looking good. So far.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That would be my point exactly. The NHL has been stuck in dump and chase mode for 40 years now, and can't get out of it. Not to mention the smaller ice surfaces spawned the horrific neutral zone defensive schemes. I suppose if you think clogging the front of the net, and shooting away hoping for a rebound is exciting hockey, then the NHL is your game. Personally, I'd rather watch puck possession, passing, and the skill of the players to get open and sacrifice a few shots on net. I haven't voluntarily watched an NHL game in almost 20 years, because I find it painfully boring.

You clearly haven't been watching Blackhawks, Red Wings or Pens....

Hockeyfan31*

You are weird poster, some of your thoughts that come out are mind boggling. No offense intended

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad