GDT: September 24 | Traktor - Sibir | Vityaz - CSKA | Medvescak - SKA

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
I have expected this, but now I've seen it thorugh 60 minutes. SKA is extremely lazy on D. There is no real D actually. Don't know if it's Jalonen or the players relying on their offence de luxe or a mix of both, but this team will win a little less than one series come playoff time. Deserved win by "Medved"(the rink was helping somewhat. SKA needed 2 periods to realize they have to move their *** around the rink faster and pass faster to make anything happen). Could have been higher. On the other hand SKA is barely using 50% of their offensive potential. But it shouldn't be Medvescak's concern.

On a side note: became even a lesser fan of the idea of a small rink in the KHL. Yes, SKA has the skill to make some nice plays(against Medvescak), but we're a long way from having a league with the average skill level of SKA players. I have no interest in seeing grinders fighting for the bouncing puck in the neutral zone for 60 minutes.

Well, some people have no interest in watching turtles trying to cross the neutral zone and then watching them skating around the boards trying to decide what to do next... I'm not one of these people, but there are such games too. I guess that depends on what you want from a hockey game. Sure there will be less finesse on the small ice, but on average though teams will have to fight and move their ***** a bit faster. Some games on big ice can become borefests of zero-contact circling around the boards at snail's pace, especially these involving early season Avangard and one of the Eastern bottom of the table suckers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad