GDT: QMJHL All Stars versus Russian Selects

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
some idle thoughts from the game....

where were the fans? What's up with Halifax/Cole Harbour/Dartmouth not showing up to watch? There were plenty of locals to watch.

Sportsnet sucks. The focus on Crosby was sweet to the point of being sick, and when they look at the "goal" any number of times and just can't force themselves to admit the ref goofed, it is over the top. I wish, just once, that the hype would be on hold.

Speaking of the "goal" - when did Crosby start chiselling points? He knew he didn't score it - but no correction?

Dixon looked good and Talbot looked better. Very impressed.

Flukey goals at one end and can't buy a bounce at the other - nobody should conclude much about the players from this one.

but...final comment - what crappy hockey. With the exception of a couple of sweet plays, and some pretty good PP, that was one terribly played hockey game.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
He was one of the only names I recognized as a drafted player, but I gotta say he didn't stick out much. I think he played fairly good defensively and had a few hits, but I can't remember how the play that led to the winning goal developed. Sorry

misterjaggers

Sep 7, 2003
The Duke City
forbesy said:
He was one of the only names I recognized as a drafted player, but I gotta say he didn't stick out much. I think he played fairly good defensively and had a few hits, but I can't remember how the play that led to the winning goal developed. Sorry
Thanks anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad