x89141871281369669.jpg

Dom Sportova (6400), Zagreb

Streams:
KHL.RU; OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Sorry, I've got to be rooting against each and every Western Conference team tonight. Serious business now. :amazed:

And so: Go Barys! Go Avto! Go Yugra! Go Avangard! ;)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Barys will likely face their former third goalie Alexei Ivanov who will guard Spartak net. This is a nice subplot to the game, as Ivanov wasn't given a single game in Astana. After leaving Kazakhstan (and somehow becoming an international player for their NT), he last season took VHL by storm in Angarsk posting insane GAA and thus earning a gig in KHL once again.

Cubanpuckstopper

Feb 4, 2013
I am currently streaming Barys-Spartak.

Sadly :shakehead, the stands look empty for a team with such a rich history.

Ult, thank you for putting these threads together. I think it is a great way to discuss KHL games. :handclap:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I am currently streaming Barys-Spartak.

Sadly :shakehead, the stands look empty for a team with such a rich history.

Ditto for CSKA. Doesn't that indicate that Moscow perhaps only needs one KHL team instead of 3? Not even Ovechkin was enough to sell out Dynamo's home games.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ditto for CSKA. Doesn't that indicate that Moscow perhaps only needs one KHL team instead of 3? Not even Ovechkin was enough to sell out Dynamo's home games.

There could be 0.5 teams in Moscow and that wouldn't help with attendances.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
There could be 0.5 teams in Moscow and that wouldn't help with attendances.

That's not the point, is it? I meant: if the Moscow population doesn't care about hockey, why have 3 KHL teams in Moscow? Would there be an outrage if only 1 Moscow team was playing in the KHL, and the other two in the VHL?

I have no idea -- I'm only asking. :amazed: I just can't imagine NHL teams from New York or Los Angeles with average attendances of 2 or 3 thousand people... They'd get booted out of the NHL pretty fast.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
That's not the point, is it? I meant: if the Moscow population doesn't care about hockey, why have 3 KHL teams in Moscow? Would there be an outrage if only 1 Moscow team was playing in the KHL, and the other two in the VHL?

I have no idea -- I'm only asking. :amazed: I just can't imagine NHL teams from New York or Los Angeles with average attendances of 2 or 3 thousand people... They'd get booted out of the NHL pretty fast.

Its because all of the three Moscow team marketing staff`s suck at their job and because no one wants to go to barns like CSKA arena(good that they are getting a new one) or Moscow Dynamo arena.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
Barys Astana first team to catch up with SKA in the league standings, never expected it from them at the start of the season. Plus they have 1 game less played.

SKA seemed invincible just a few games back, now there's blood in the water. Definitely liking how Donbass and Lev have stepped up this season too (and of course my own Dinamo Rīga).

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava

What would you do? Delete clubs like CSKA, Dynamo & Spartak and create some Lev Moscow? That really wouldn't be a solution.

SledgeHammer

Sep 30, 2013
Zagreb
Bears lead 2:0, end of second period in few minutes. Tasty!

Fraterson, seems you will only get 2 out of 5 presents today

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
Brust is hot tonight, Avangard has an 18 year old goalie playing(?) and every puck Medvescak hits is a goal.
Avangard was better half of the game but when they received a goal they fell apart.

4:0
Another Russian fail on the small ice. :/

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

You have to take history into consideration. booting any of the 3 Moscow teams to the VHL would mean a shiatstorm of biblical proportions. There have to be some different solution. I admit I can't think of one.

Now this is a very often (mis)used NHL comparison remark. Just look at how long it took Atlanta to lose a team. Nobody is talking about Florida being booted anywhere and their attendance is sad to say the least by NHL standards. Phoenix is being saved and saved again by the league, despite all the problems. The reasons are quite similar. It was the league(Bettman: l'etat c'est moi!) policy of moving south to conquer new markets, so they are hanging on to it even it is obviously a bad joke in some places. The KHL won't give up on Moscow franchises either.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Brust is hot tonight, Avangard has an 18 year old goalie playing(?) and every puck Medvescak hits is a goal.
Avangard was better half of the game but when they received a goal they fell apart.

4:0
Another Russian fail on the small ice. :/

rather one of the worst teams in the league losing a game.

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
@penepi
those shots were ridiculously harmless, avangard did not have any space to make a decent play in our zone so they just shot the puck out of sheer desperation... medvescak, as in all games this season, likes to go for the perfect pass and thus has fewer shots

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Its because all of the three Moscow team marketing staff`s suck at their job and because no one wants to go to barns like CSKA arena(good that they are getting a new one) or Moscow Dynamo arena.

I agree, teams don't have marketing in the agenda like they do in St Petersburg. Things could change, hopefully fast.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
What would you do? Delete clubs like CSKA, Dynamo & Spartak and create some Lev Moscow?

What the hell are you talking about? :amazed: I never mentioned Dynamo in any of this.

Looks like Medveščak is last season's Slovan -- 5 wins in a row on home ice now? :yo:

Ivan94

Jun 1, 2013
Germany
no russian team defeated medvescak in zagreb.
only non-russian riga,slovan and lev won in zagreb.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
no russian team defeated medvescak in zagreb.
only non-russian riga,slovan and lev won in zagreb.
Interesting stat... Coincidence, or really travel/adjustment issues, like the ones well publicised with CSKA? Slovan took the bus to travel to Zagreb.

Fraterson, seems you will only get 2 out of 5 presents today

I only got 1 out of 4. (I didn't care about the all-Eastern game.)

Interesting situation in the Western Conference now: 8 potential play-off teams clearly separated from the rest. The remaining 6 teams are rather close together. If Slovan defeats Admiral for 3 points tomorrow (I don't think they will), they would basically jump from rank #14 to #9-11.

In other words: one of the current top 8 Western teams would need to start losing heavily in order for one of the 6 current bottom teams to have a chance at a play-off spot. My best bet, based on recent history, would be Spartak Moscow.

It's still very early in the season, though, and the table can look drastically different in 2 months from today. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->