GDT: October 15 | Slovan Bratislava - Lev Prague

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
:laugh: at Slovan's Czech players destroying Lev, at least so far (1st break).

And what a sight to see Slovan finally play in their traditional "sky-blue" unis in the KHL! :handclap: Makes the two goals even nicer to look at. I'd like to know if that's a permanent change of home jerseys; I'd be happy if it was! Or, at least alternate these frequently.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
:laugh: at Slovan's Czech players destroying Lev, at least so far (1st break).

And what a sight to see Slovan finally play in their traditional "sky-blue" unis in the KHL! :handclap: Makes the two goals even nicer to look at. I'd like to know if that's a permanent change of home jerseys; I'd be happy if it was! Or, at least alternate these frequently.

Well, Lev was better team 1st period but Slovan scored two goals. I'm think I'm objective... hope Lev will make the game even to dramatize the match. Netík and Vondrka are saving Slovan in last few matches btw. :laugh::handclap:

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Oleg Mosalov provides great Russian commentary of this game on KHL.ru. :nod:

Yet another bilingual experiment on the Czech/Slovak Sport 2 channel: one Czech announcer speaking Czech + one Slovak announcer speaking Slovak, taking turns, each of them rooting for the opposing team, of course. They don't have that even in Kazakhstan with their mixed Russian/Kazakh broadcasts! :yo:

I don't recall complaints from Slovan fans related to the 4 Slovan vs. Lev games last season. After all, Slovan won 3 of them and only lost the fourth game with a very late goal. Many Slovan fans also accepted Chára's devastating season-ending hit on Šatan as within the rules. I think the debate back then raged more along "ethical" lines: whether one captain of the Slovak national team should do that to another long-time Slovak national team captain.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Well, Lev was better team 1st period but Slovan scored two goals.

Even so, Slovan outshot Lev 9:7 in the first period. Lev has "smoother", more technically finessed players, everyone knows that. I hope Slovan has the more passionate ones. :handclap:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Absolutely well-deserved win, thanks guys!!! Fantastic experience in fantastic atmosphere, one just has to digest this. Nech žije SLOVAN!

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
You've got to be kidding. :D Better teams don't lose games 2-5. Read this match report, even Lev's coach Jalonen recognized Slovan was (obviously) the better team tonight:

http://sport.sme.sk/c/6971169/slovan-vyhral-stvrty-domaci-zapas-lev-zdolal-52.html

I'm not kidding. Lev was better team but Slovan was scoring a goals. That's it. It wouldn't be for the first time and not for the last time. 2 goals were to empty net + referee was not on Lev's side... if you don't want to see that, you won't. I've nothing against Slovaks but nationalism is unfortunately seen again.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
No "nationalism"; :shakehead is coach Jalonen a nationalist? :D

Slovan was clearly the better team throughout, they merely stopped attacking in the 3rd period, because that's just always Čada's (risky) strategy. They did exactly the same thing against Dynamo Moscow after leading 3-1 after 2 periods. They stopped attacking, and Dynamo promptly replied with 4 goals. Lev was unable to do that tonight.

Quote of the day from Jaroslav Janus:

"We didn't approach this game as a rivalry; after all, we already almost have more Czechs playing for us than they do."

He was kidding; it's still 9 Czechs on Lev versus 6 Czechs on Slovan, but like I said before the season began, it does not seem healthy for the "home" country's players to be a minority on their own roster. (Unless it's Canadians on a US-based hockey team or on MedveÅ¡čak.) :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad