ska_arena_2012.jpg

Ice Palace (11439), Saint Petersburg

Streams:
KHL.RU; OnHockey.TV; LiveTV.ru

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
Lev vs Salvat should be a beauty.
Is someone following Salvat and can tell me how is young Vasilevsky doing? Got a lot of chances this season as a starter and nice percentage of SV% at that young age.

Hoping that he'll become first true born and breed KHL goalie star and that he'll postpone by a little his departure to NA.

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
End of 2nd period, 3:0 for Salvat.
What a stupid move from Vrana in the last second. Salvat is entering the 3rd with 2 min PP.

Good game by both teams, Vasilevsky is a stud. :yo:
Who would expect that play from a 19 year old. Salvat sure picked a jackpot with him, hope he becomes their franchise goalie.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Watching the game.. Available with finnish commentary in my NHL package.. good evolution :handclap:

BUT how can it be they tell they have money, but they don't have HD cameras apparentally in the arena.. The visual look of the game isn't enough yet, they're far away from SM-Liiga level, but I hope they keep working at it.. I just can't figure out where do they find those old non-HD equipment and how is it so hard to have proper HD cameras. There is no explanation for that.. When talking about KHL. I would understand if SM-Liiga didin't have them more easily.

Looks like Vehanen is not having he's best game.. Neither does Jaakola (in Jaakola's case, not so surprising).

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
Watching the game.. Available with finnish commentary in my NHL package.. good evolution :handclap:

BUT how can it be they tell they have money, but they don't have HD cameras apparentally in the arena.. The visual look of the game isn't enough yet, they're far away from SM-Liiga level, but I hope they keep working at it.. I just can't figure out where do they find those old non-HD equipment and how is it so hard to have proper HD cameras. There is no explanation for that.. When talking about KHL. I would understand if SM-Liiga didin't have them more easily.

Looks like Vehanen is not having he's best game.. Neither does Jaakola (in Jaakola's case, not so surprising).

Yea, but one look at their arena gives the answer.
I've heard they're playing in this arena only because other czech club has an exclusive rights for modern o2 arena(don't know exact name) and that they're considering relocation to that arena when rights expire.

It's not a justification 'cause every KHL team should have HD cameras, but...

Meantime 3:2 and a beautiful SH from Lev!

FreshFruit

Sep 30, 2013
Europe
3:2 win for Salvat.
Lev pushed last few minutes but Vasilevsky was on its best.
Good game to open the day.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
SKA are so sloppy out there, it is crazy. They have more of the puck, but haven't really created quality chances with it. Admiral have constantly looked dangerous on the break and will be disappointed not to have 3 or 4.

And just after I post Admiral make it 3-1.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
SKA are so sloppy out there, it is crazy. They have more of the puck, but haven't really created quality chances with it. Admiral have constantly looked dangerous on the break and will be disappointed not to have 3 or 4.

And just after I post Admiral make it 3-1.

Ya but for some reason SKA is dominating on the PK, I cant believe Admiral scored on the PP, they weren't anywhere near the net for 3 minutes.

obskyr

Apr 29, 2013
Karelia
Good to see Ivannikov at his first game in Ledovy, and a good one. Even though he isn't playing for SKA.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012

An absence of HD cameras is the issue of Sport 1/2 TV channel. It's the only channel to have the rights for Lev's games so they are a producers of this TV coverage not the club. Club is considering a move to a newly built arena or the O2 arena but it is very unlikely due to Slavia Praha games colision and disagreements with the owner. New arena should have a capacity of approximately 9.000 seats.. In this case some HD cameras would be a matter of course. It's undoubtedly true that the arena is undignified for nowadays hockey matches and Sparta overslept a little.

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
What I find interesting is that SKA - despite being dominant and having many big opportunities - has so many problems against teams who concentrate on defense.

After the 2-0 lead for Admiral it was the same procedure as so many times before. The opponents just have to wait until the SKA defense opens a bit too much as they waste so many opportunities and their defense is not always in the right positions!

When they get an early lead or have one of their days SKA are brilliant and score a lot of goals but once the opponents fight hard, they just seem to get in trouble out of the blue.

Wasn't that more or less the reason by the previous head coach was fired? I see SKA out in the playoffs against any team with a decent game plan and good defensive work just as Dynamo Moscow the previous two years...

If you go for an open battle with SKA you might lose in 80% of the times but if you really care for your defense you have a good chance. ;)

Still the would-be PPG of Tikhonov which wasn't given for a high-stick might have changed everything. ;)

Ivannikov did a great job in goal for Admiral while Enver Lisin was brutal today. He created so many nice plays by his own! On the other side I really liked the performance of Ilya Kovalchuk and Viktor Tikhonov. ;)

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
An absence of HD cameras is the issue of Sport 1/2 TV channel. It's the only channel to have the rights for Lev's games so they are a producers of this TV coverage not the club. Club is considering a move to a newly built arena or the O2 arena but it is very unlikely due to Slavia Praha games colision and disagreements with the owner. New arena should have a capacity of approximately 9.000 seats.. In this case some HD cameras would be a matter of course. It's undoubtedly true that the arena is undignified for nowadays hockey matches and Sparta overslept a little.

If it's going to be the main arena for Sparta and Lev I would say 12,000 would be a better number. :)

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
If it's going to be the main arena for Sparta and Lev I would say 12,000 would be a better number. :)

The new arena is supposed to be only for Lev Praha so about 9,000 seats should be enough for Lev's purposes but a future sharing with Sparta is not excluded at all. It should be built near the O2 Arena so the arenas will directly compete each other. We'll see, I guess. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad