GDT: GDT: Leafs vs Wild: October 15th | 7:00pm | SNET-O | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
And I thought the Leafs had no business winning a couple previous games. Good thing the Wild's backup goaltender started and gave the Leafs a couple weak ones.

Only one of them was weak. So we are still up by a goal.

Considering we have seen some of the worst goaltending seen by NHL fans in the last decade or so, I don't have any sympathy for teams dominating but getting beat by a hot goaltender.

I really don't.

Look back at how many times Ryan Miller stole games for the Sabres against us, or when Lundqvist completely stole a few Rangers games.

Sniff sniff.

Still got a period to go though. We'll see if we can hold the fort.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I really hope fellow Leaf fans don't apologize to the other teams' fans and say that the Leafs don't deserve to be winning the game.

Sorry, you guys deserve to win.

Meanwhile later:

tiger-woods-fist-pump.html

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
I can just imagine what the reaction of some people on this board will be if we ever win the Cup:

"Do you believe it? We won the Cup!"

"Yeah, but our defence was terrible!!"

Mr Scarface*

Kuemper will never, every play against the maple leafs of toronto again :biglaugh:

Kuemper still is over 50%. :laugh:

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
So, is the goal of hockey to play better than the other team or to score more goals than the other team?

If the Leafs scored more, they deserved to win. Period.

I'd prefer they score more and do it while playing better. This weak defensive play, losing most the battles along the boards, constant giveaways needs to get taken care of. I'll take the wins and be happy for it, but it's going to start losing the team games eventually.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There are a lot of teams that could be in the running for Reimer/Bernier (mostly Reimer though).

Winnipeg
Minnesota...Backstrom is old, Harding is a back up.
Edmonton...every goalie sucks there, wouldn't trade Reimer there if I was GM. Respect him too much to do that.
NYI..Nabokov is old, they need a young goalie.
Philly
Calgary

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Nope, Minny has just had a lot of PP time. The play isn't as lopsided as the shots suggest.

Yes, yes it is. If anything it's more lopsided. The Leafs are being utterly dominated at even strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad