GDT: Kazakhstan vs. USA - Feb. 16th, 9:05 pm Local, 3:05 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
acr said:
He has an option that's something like 4.8, but even if that's picked up by whoever trades for him, it will only reduce his cap number to 5 or 6-something

3.5mil option for next year

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
David Puddy said:
Who would you guys go with in goal versus Slovakia? I am leaning towards the Dip. This wasn't much of a challange, and the one goal allowed wasn't his fault.
I think DiPietro is capable of playing with a lot of emotion.

They never are :sarcasm:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Sotnos said:
God, was it that bad? I have this on tape to watch later, all these "it was borings" make me not want to bother!

The US was in control all game but every time the had the puck they were grabbed or hooked or slashed. It was like the worst of the old NHL

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Sotnos said:
God, was it that bad? I have this on tape to watch later, all these "it was borings" make me not want to bother!
I didn't think it was that bad, but then again I missed half the game due to my physics lab.

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
Clutching and grabbing was never as bad the Kazakhstanian players did today. There isn't even as much clutching and grabbing in hand-to-hand combat. They were grabbing or checking anyone that got near them.

joshjull said:
They never are :sarcasm:
Yes. It is such a pitty that Miller wasn't in goal because he would easily guide Team USA to the gold medal.

Are you suggesting that that was a soft goal?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
David Puddy said:
Clutching and grabbing was never as bad the Kazakhstanian players did today. There isn't even as much clutching and grabbing in hand-to-hand combat. They were grabbing or checking anyone that got near them.

Yes. It is such a pitty that Miller wasn't in goal because he would easily guide Team USA to the gold medal.

I am having a little fun and you need to calm yourself. :)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
David Puddy said:
Boring and winning is better than Buffalo and losing. ;)

Buffalo is losing this year? We're winning and we are exciting, double bonus.
Gionta Western New York native and Sabs fan gotta love him.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
David Puddy said:

Woah there cowboy...

KH1

Good bounce back game from the US. They didn't try to go and blow Kazakhstan out just to make a big splash--they just protected the goalie and made enough plays to win. That's all they need to do.

Who starts the next game? Whoever performs better in practice. On the one hand DiPietro did win while Grahame gave up 3 goals in a tie, but on the other hand DiPietro was protected much better and playing against an inferior team.

Laviolette should play it by ear.

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
Neither Grahame nor DiPietro earned the starting job, but I'd give it to DiPietro just because he came out and got a win. How he did it, and how Grahame lost, doesn't matter. Give the job to the hot goalie.

Screw Ryan Miller. He's a great goalie, he should be in Torino, and starting, but he's not on the team. I was a big Miller apologist, but I've accepted the fact that DiPietro and Grahame and Esche are our goalies. We will go as far as they take us, which could be to Gold ( :biglaugh: ) or 6th place.

Roger's Pancreas*

rohan said:
Neither Grahame nor DiPietro earned the starting job, but I'd give it to DiPietro just because he came out and got a win. How he did it, and how Grahame lost, doesn't matter. Give the job to the hot goalie.

Screw Ryan Miller. He's a great goalie, he should be in Torino, and starting, but he's not on the team. I was a big Miller apologist, but I've accepted the fact that DiPietro and Grahame and Esche are our goalies. We will go as far as they take us, which could be to Gold ( :biglaugh: ) or 6th place.

I'd give the job to DiPietro because of his mentality. He's always gung ho and love the spot light on him. Who else do you want in a shoot out?

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
MissionHockey said:
I think he means Buffalo in general, especially the Bills...

You think that was what he meant. I was going to place a bet that that wasn't what he meant but I couldn't find a New Jersey state trooper.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Not an exciting game,but the US got the needed win.

with back to back games coming up,both Grahame and DiPietro should be able to get a start this weekend.Let them push each other.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
CREW99AW said:
with back to back games coming up,both Grahame and DiPietro should be able to get a start this weekend.Let them push each other.
And they will no doubt each get a start, then we'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with. Funny how the only people not ready to jump whole heartedly on the DiPietro bandwagon are Isles fans. I applaud you guys for showing objectivity and caring about the team instead of concentrating on ripping on someone. :)

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
MissionHockey said:
I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Dipietro's season has been less than stellar, but IMO he will eventually be the mainstay for team USA.

I think with Dipietro, Miller and Montoya the US should be in good shape in net for awhile

KH1

Sotnos said:
And they will no doubt each get a start, then we'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with. Funny how the only people not ready to jump whole heartedly on the DiPietro bandwagon are Isles fans. I applaud you guys for showing objectivity and caring about the team instead of concentrating on ripping on someone. :)

I chalk it up less to objectivity and more to an intense inferiority complex/dislike of all things related to Mike Milbury, including DiPietro, but in any case I like to be flattered :)

DiPietro really has been excellent in stretches for the Islanders. He's also had some really bad games and quite possibly the worst defense in hockey in front of him. Beating Kazakhstan was the least we could've expected from him, and it's now up to him to prove that he deserves to start again. Grahame certainly didn't prove that he deserves to be benched, so Ricky has his work cut out for him.

The fact that he is in all likelihood the future of American hockey in goal is irrelevant. If he practices hard and continues to play well he starts, and if he doesn't he has to wait until Vancouver, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad