GDT: Kazakhstan vs. USA - Feb. 16th, 9:05 pm Local, 3:05 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
United States go on the power play and scores in the first 8 seconds of it! Brian Rolston with a laser from the point! Whoo!

2-0!

MEANINGLESS MASK UPDATE #2: The Kazakhstan goalie, Kolesnik (I'm sorry if I misspelled that) has an Avs-themed mask. I assume he's an Avalanche prospect? Or did he get some time up with Colorado team? Sorry I'm not up on my Colorado Avalanche roster movements this season.

TVanek26*

s3por2d said:
I don't like our hockey team that much. What do you want from me?

He's not obligated to root for Team USA in ice hockey.Remember,you can spin all the patriotic garbage about how it's our country "representing" us, it's still a team.It's not like WW2 and your rooting for the Axis or something,it's pretty funny when I say I am rooting for another team besides the US and get called unpatriotic :biglaugh:

Anyway,the winter olympics are a joke,I mean boy do I feel pride when we win the gold medal in the 500 meter freestyle gnarly half pipe :rolleyes:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
DanielBriere48 said:
Anyway,the winter olympics are a joke,I mean boy do I feel pride when we win the gold medal in the 500 meter freestyle gnarly half pipe :rolleyes:

i dunno, is it any more laughable than seeing who can run the fastest for 100 meters? or seeing who can jump the highest?

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
DevilFisch said:
United States go on the power play and scores in the first 8 seconds of it! Brian Rolston with a laser from the point! Whoo!

2-0!

MEANINGLESS MASK UPDATE #2: The Kazakhstan goalie, Kolesnik (I'm sorry if I misspelled that) has an Avs-themed mask. I assume he's an Avalanche prospect? Or did he get some time up with Colorado team? Sorry I'm not up on my Colorado Avalanche roster movements this season.
When the Avs were having goaltender problems Kolesnik actually was called up and played 4 or 5 games. I thought he looked pretty good, but he struggled toward the end of his stint and was sent back down.

NYR2

Feb 19, 2004
New York
Levitate said:
i dunno, is it any more laughable than seeing who can run the fastest for 100 meters? or seeing who can jump the highest?

It's a lot more entertaining.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
NYR2 said:
It's a lot more entertaining.

watching people run really fast for 10 seconds is more entertaining than watching someone snowboard? alright then...i've always felt the summer olympics were boring as hell. i can't think of one really entertaining event in the summer olympics off the top of my head. maybe water polo

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Team USA seems to be more "collected" on defense and offense, taking their time to set up offensive and defensive plays short a few brain farts (coughHATCHERcough). I'm feeling good about this game if they continue like they have been so far this period.

DanielBriere48 said:

And

Levitate said:

Guys, this isn't either of those things. This is hockey. The game so hot that makes soccer look like fat girl in a short dress.

You don't have to cheer for anyone if you don't want to, but I think it's more than appropriate to be patriotic and cheer for your nation's team.

Now back to the game. Yep, Team USA is still dominant in this one. (Hint to Kazakhstan: Giving Team USA more power plays is a great away to ensure a loss.)

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
John-Michael Liles from the point and GOAL! Maybe Gionta~! with the deflection, regardless it's a powerplay goal!

3-0!

Cheerleading Aside: Interesting outfits the cheerleaders have in Turin. Whole lot of orange.

GOAL UPDATE: Brian Gionta is credited with his 2nd goal of the tournament! LITTLE G~!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
DevilFisch said:
Guys, this isn't either of those things. This is hockey. The game so hot that makes soccer look like fat girl in a short dress.

You don't have to cheer for anyone if you don't want to, but I think it's more than appropriate to be patriotic and cheer for your nation's team.

Now back to the game. Yep, Team USA is still dominant in this one. (Hint to Kazakhstan: Giving Team USA more power plays is a great away to ensure a loss.)

i'm not even really cheering for team USA this year. sure i hope they do well, but i'm not really excited to follow them or anything. plus it's kind of hard when there's no way i'll be seeing any of these games except the weekend ones

David Puddy

Nov 15, 2003
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
DevilFisch said:
John-Michael Liles from the point and GOAL! Maybe Gionta~! with the deflection, regardless it's a powerplay goal!

3-0!

Cheerleading Aside: Interesting outfits the cheerleaders have in Turin. Whole lot of orange.
Gionta with the deflection from Liles and Gomez.

acr*

Anyone else want to see Pierre McGuire go down to block a shot with his windpipe?

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Kolesnik with a BIG glove save on Keith Tkachuk. He just saved it from being 4-0.

AND the first period ends with Team USA ahead 3-0. Great period from Team USA, clearly much better than the effort in the Latvia game. Hopefully they'll keep it up and keep Kazakhstan out of making a comeback (no offense to Kazaks, just want to see Team USA win).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad