GDT: Kazakhstan vs. USA - Feb. 16th, 9:05 pm Local, 3:05 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrash13

Jan 17, 2006
Lawton, OK
thesandtrap.com
Well, instead of bashing the American team, I'm going to give credit to Arturs Irbe for yesterday's game. Irbe had an awesome game in net. The US should have won, and they had 42 shots on goal for the game. Give credit to Irbe for making some great stops. A lot of other goalies would have given up 6 or 7 goals yesterday.

It was disheartening, but I give credit where it's due. I don't think the US team looked all that bad.

Anyway, the US will win today by at least 3 goals. It may not be dominant, but they will win easily. I would like to see Dipietro in net just because he is my favorite of the 3 US goalies.

I'm ready for this one. Too bad I have to record it and watch it when I get home from work. :/

Jedda

Sep 7, 2003
Boden, Sweden
If anyone does get confirmation that Kolesnik is gonna be in the net for Kazakhstan before the match starts I would really like to know, maybe some TV coverage in the US or so mentions something about it. The official olympic site doesn't have any lineups pre-game or anything like that, only the teams full rosters are being shown.

Jedda

Sep 7, 2003
Boden, Sweden
Just managed to find this:

1 0:00 GKS IN United States USA 29 Rick DiPietro
1 0:00 GKS IN Kazakhstan KAZ 20 Vitaliy Kolesnik

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Damn, JD just said the forwards and defense are the same as yesterday, which means Rafalski isn't playing again :(

DevilFisch

Jan 11, 2003
Edison, NJ
www.inlouwetrust.com
Grahame didn't blow it yesterday. But what do I know, I only watched the whole game...

And the United States WINS the opening faceoff. I like our odds.

MEANINGLESS MASK UPDATE: Rick DiPietro's mask is my favorite looking mask I've seen so far, so detailed, so well done. Lundqvist's comes in second and Brodeur's in third..

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
DevilFisch said:
Grahame didn't blow it yesterday. But what do I know, I only watched the whole game...

And the United States WINS the opening faceoff. I like our odds.

MEANINGLESS MASK UPDATE: Rick DiPietro's mask is my favorite looking mask I've seen so far, so detailed, so well done. Lundqvist's comes in second and Brodeur's in third..
Have you seen Aebeischer's mask? It's awesome.

Guerin scores! Good start to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad