GDT: Kazakhstan vs. Russia, Feb. 18, 11.30AM Torino, 5.30AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Kazakhs are fairly impressive with their defensive teamwork. They manage to neutrulize all the Russian attempts to build any offensive momentum. The game might be boring but it should be a good lesson for the Russian side.

shawn_kemp*

The referee sucks. Malkin lays out a big hit, and they call him for roughing?

Overall, an awful period by the Russians. Absolutely no offense.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
shawn_kemp said:

Agreed.

It seems like everytime there is a hit that would be a big clean hit in the NHL its a penalty in the Olympics.

That's the one thing I hate about Olympic hockey.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Damn, worst period for Russia on this tournament. The only good forward is Su-33. Kovalchuk, blah, he is just missing the game :( "The best play" was cross-ice pass (again) that had 2 Kazakhs on the way. Ovechkin and Malkin are trying to hit something instead of creating scoring chances. You are not goons or checking liners! :(

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
According to the rules of hockey, you can't accelerate with your skates more than three times before a tackle. Malkin did.

Last edited:

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
Kaizer said:
Damn, worst period for Russia on this tournament. The only good forward is Su-33. Kovalchuk, blah, he is just missing the game :( "The best play" was cross-ice pass (again) that had 2 Kazakhs on the way. Ovechkin and Malkin are trying to hit something instead of creating scoring chances. You are not goons or checking liners! :(

Agree on Kovalchuk. He better stars playing better !

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Malkin hit the guy who passed the puck away a long time ago I think.. I don't have a problem with that penalty.

We've gotta start playing better though. Seems that a lot of players think that they can use individual skill to win and forget about the players around them..

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
popperBOLT said:
come on guys, keep posting!!!

no coverage here

what do you expect us to post? comments on what Krikunov is doing to Bryzgalov in the dressing room during the intermission? :p

2nd period beginning now

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
The City of Pittsburgh is ignorant. Malkin looks better than Crosby. And yet they still don't want to give them a new arena.

back to topic Malkin is amazing, the total package.

C-J...*

shawn_kemp said:

Overall, an awful period by the Russians. Absolutely no offense.

He used his elbow, pretty obvious to me.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
I like what I am seeing from Nabokov, he made some key saves. This is the type of the game Russia would lose in 2000. Kazakhstan is awkward and had some opportunities.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
MOGiLNY said:
Malkin hit the guy who passed the puck away a long time ago I think.. I don't have a problem with that penalty.

It wouldn't be a penalty in the NHL, that was maybe a second after he passed the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad