GDT: Kazakhstan vs. Russia, Feb. 18, 11.30AM Torino, 5.30AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

Chimp said:
Anyone knows who will be in goal?

All we know at this point is that Bryzgalov is the 3rd goalie.

I guess Sokolov will get start.

MissNY

Mar 26, 2004
Virginia, USA
SensGuy said:
I can't figure out if I want to wake up and watch this.

Me, too. I guess I'll have to figure out how to actually program my VCR to record instead of manually pressing the record button. :help:

Yureeka47*

MissNY said:
Me, too. I guess I'll have to figure out how to actually program my VCR to record instead of manually pressing the record button. :help:

What channel will this be on?

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
It has to be Sokolov the goalie, because against Latvia we need Nabokov to be able to beat Latvia with a nice score of 6-0, or 7-0!! Put them back at their place!!

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
shawn_kemp said:
All we know at this point is that Bryzgalov is the 3rd goalie.

I guess Sokolov will get start.

Agreed. This is pretty much the only chance for Sokolov to play in this tournament. Nabby should be fresh for Latvia in anyway...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
When you know for certain that Sokolov will play, post it here. It's very important for my dream team, I am thinking of playing Sokolov next round. :)

MissNY

Mar 26, 2004
Virginia, USA
Yureeka47 said:
What channel will this be on?

According to the TV listings on nbcolympics.com, the game will be on CNBC. There's a place where you can enter your zip/postal code and it will tell you the specific channel numbers on your area's cable system.

shawn_kemp*

Berkut said:
It has to be Sokolov the goalie, because against Latvia we need Nabokov to be able to beat Latvia with a nice score of 6-0, or 7-0!! Put them back at their place!!

Where is Slitty? I need to hear what he says during Latvia vs. Russia games!!! :D :bow:

Yureeka47*

shawn_kemp said:
OFFICIAL

Nabokov will start in goal for Russia. :teach:

Weird. :dunno:

ya, especially the fact that Nabokov was originally born in Kazakhstan.

On another note, TSN doesnt seem to be showing it, and I live in Canada but have NBC, how do i find out if they're showing it?? I looked on their website, but to no avail.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
shawn_kemp said:
OFFICIAL

Nabokov will start in goal for Russia. :teach:

Weird. :dunno:
Why? And Sokolov against Latvia? That's messed up. I'm much more concerned about Latvia rather than Kazakhstan. I'm pretty sure that Kolesnik will be in goal against us. Anyway, we should not underestimate Latvia's offense. They have 1 less goal than Sweden. And with Irbe being as solid as ever and Latvia defense throwing themselves under pucks... We better have solid goaltending. Latvia could make us pay for the mistakes.

Coffee and 7's*

Chimp said:
Thanks for the info. Nabokov it is.

OT:

Why don't you have an italian goalie in your dreamteam? germany are not as good as Canada and Finland when it comes to score goals and both Italian goalies have saved 40+ shots :eek:
just saying... I whould save my money for forwards like Hossa, Demitra or Gaborik :yo:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Nemchinov13 said:
Why? And Sokolov against Latvia? That's messed up. I'm much more concerned about Latvia rather than Kazakhstan. I'm pretty sure that Kolesnik will be in goal against us. Anyway, we should not underestimate Latvia's offense. They have 1 less goal than Sweden. And with Irbe being as solid as ever and Latvia defense throwing themselves under pucks... We better have solid goaltending. Latvia could make us pay for the mistakes.

Who knows, it might work out. To ride Naby while he's on may be a good thing - the team will know that he's the man, things will be stable, and he's not gonna get overworked against Kazakhstan, anyway... Then if we get the points against Kazakhstan and Latvia, could give Sokolov a try in a no-pressure game (at least pointwise) against the US, to try to cure him of his fear of NHLers.

Its ok either way, I think..

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
artilector said:
Who knows, it might work out. To ride Naby while he's on may be a good thing - the team will know that he's the man, things will be stable, and he's not gonna get overworked against Kazakhstan, anyway... Then if we get the points against Kazakhstan and Latvia, could give Sokolov a try in a no-pressure game (at least pointwise) against the US, to try to cure him of his fear of NHLers.

Its ok either way, I think..
The game against Kazakhstan is the one and only chance for Sokolov, because from now on, we're playing for the 1st place in the group.

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
Berkut said:
The game against Kazakhstan is the one and only chance for Sokolov, because from now on, we're playing for the 1st place in the group.
I honestly don't care about the 1st place, as long as we don't draw the Czechs or Canucks in the 1st round.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
the game is in 5 hours and i don't know if i should go to bed for those 5 hours or wait it out..

anyways, i was sure Sokolov would get the start here for the reasons that were already mentioned. I guess they'll play him today, and then rest him for Sunday so that he's fresh for the game against the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad