GDT-Halifax vs. Portland-Friday, May 18

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
Love when the announcers said "Halifax comes as advertised". I also love that we put a beating on possibly the second best team in the CHL. I hope we saved enough in the tank to beat down Saskatoon tomorrow.

This game did say much to me other than that Carrath sucks and I want to see these two great teams go at it again

Codith

Aug 31, 2010
We kept Portland to outside shots after they had their lead, Fucale is going to stop that everytime

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
If they play again Carruth won't be garbage. That said, Halifax sucked in the 1st so both teams didn't really have their A games for a full 60.

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Well that was entertaining.

Big game for Mackinnon. Hat trick against Jones. All of the goals may not of been pretty, but they don't ask how, they asked how many. Ciampini finally had a big goal we need from him. I was wondering where that was all playoffs. Fucale was okay, he made the save when he needed to, but not good enough. I would say he was a bit nervous. But knowing him, he'll bounce back.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
But when Halifax needed to, they play their A-game, allowing them to win.

Halifax turned it on in the second after going down 3-1, which happened to coincide with Carruth falling asleep. IMO even with a good Carruth the Moose would have still won last night. They had so many chances.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
Halifax turned it on in the second after going down 3-1, which happened to coincide with Carruth falling asleep. IMO even with a good Carruth the Moose would have still won last night. They had so many chances.

Maybe, Maybe not. Portland seem to have shut it down in the 3rd. Must have been demoralizing to have a couple good shifts only to have the moose score weak goal after weak goal

Count Von Grabo*

Awesome game to watch. Woulda been a classic if Portland's goalie shows up.

shootscores

Jul 11, 2010
I actually turned it off after 2 periods. If neither team can play better defense or goaltending than that then they don't deserve to win this year. All offense and no defensive system in place to go against teams you know have good offense is beyond me. I look forward to seeing Halifax play London. They haven't met Bo Horvat yet. This should help soar his draft position since London has Home ice for both remaining games and hence last change. My only worry with London is in net where I think is their achiles heal.
I don't think I saw either team cyle the puck down low once during the game and yet the middle of the ice was always wide open for the quick prime time pass out front. If I can see this blatant flaw then I am sure Hunter is all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->