GDT-Halifax vs. Portland-Friday, May 18

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Well, it's the game most of us have been waiting for. Mackinnon and Drouin vs. Jones. Possible, the two best teams in the tournament going head-to-head. It's a game filled with prospects for the 2013 Draft.

Portland and Halifax, in my opinion, will go down right to the end. If you take your eyes off the game, you might miss the amazing. I say a finals preview. If Portland doesn't stop Mackinnon, Drouin, and Frk, they are toast. Also, just a tip, don't let Frk shoot on the powerplay. :D And if you block it, it's not going to feel nice. Fucale is the key to success if the offense isn't having a good night. He will make the big saves when we need it.

I have seen Portland enough to comment, but I know your going to have to control Jones, Rattie, Petan, Lepisic, and Pouliot. Carruth looks strong, Halifax will have to crash the net. That's all I can say for Portland at the moment.

I say Halifax 4-2, with an empty netter in the final seconds, and fans on the edge of there seat until the final whistle blows.

Discuss.

KingKadri

Apr 26, 2013
Halifax
Halifax is finally going to play a strong team with superstar defense. If Moose first line dosent produce they are toast. I see Portland working a strong cycle to take advantage of Halifax's tendency to turn the puck over, I hope Fucale is ready to get peppered.

Portland 5-3

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Guys you are "bang on!"
As a fan of the CHL, this game is Hockey heaven!
A chance to see just how good these top guys can be...with all respect to the Q, this Portland team will be the toughest team they will have faced.

Its not shown in the UK but will be tuning into the audio via the website.

Cant wait to hear, not just how 2013 draftees Johnny Drouin, Nathan Mckimmon, Seth Jones will fare, but the other prospects like Nick Petan, Brandon Leipsic, Ty Rattie and Martin Frk

Marty has travelled a long road, his stock and value often being questioned, (derailed early by inconsistancy, then injuries) but what i gather is that he is a huge talent, with a booming shot.
I think he is the player that I am most intrigued by.
But gosh, what a game were going to have!

Mr Celly

May 15, 2013
Halifax, NS
Guys you are "bang on!"
As a fan of the CHL, this game is Hockey heaven!
A chance to see just how good these top guys can be...with all respect to the Q, this Portland team will be the toughest team they will have faced.

Its not shown in the UK but will be tuning into the audio via the website.

Cant wait to hear, not just how 2013 draftees Johnny Drouin, Nathan Mckimmon, Seth Jones will fare, but the other prospects like Nick Petan, Brandon Leipsic, Ty Rattie and Martin Frk

Marty has travelled a long road, his stock and value often being questioned, (derailed early by inconsistancy, then injuries) but what i gather is that he is a huge talent, with a booming shot.
I think he is the player that I am most intrigued by.
But gosh, what a game were going to have!

It is. And yes, Halifax, other then Baie Comeau, who really isn't the greatest, haven't faced someone outstanding. It sounds like Portland and Halifax will play similar systems. Marty is one of the players I love to watch as well. Compliments Drouin and Mackinnon perfectly. If you give the puck to him on the powerplay, with an open lane and players in front, the pucks in the back of the net.

And yes, this game will be one for the ages. I think it has the potential to rival Crosby vs. Perry in '05.

w00d

Remember the Roar
Oct 14, 2011
Chicago Stadium
http://nlds122.cdnak.neulion.com/nlds/nhl/halifax/as/live/halifax_hd_3000.m3u8

Copy that link and open in VLC (http://www.videolan.org) to watch the game. Adjust the 3000 number at the end of the URL if the stream is too much for your connection. Valid numbers are 4500, 3000, 1600, 1200, 800, 400.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->