GDT: Germany-Finland 25.12, 7:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Jyssy said:
No shutout for Rask this time... Well, its not important, important is to get 2 points here,

that's true. finland and sweden will battle for the 3rd spot behind canada and slovakia i guess, so 2 points against germany are a must!

Jyssy

Jan 2, 2004
Jyväskylä, Finland
zecke26 said:
that's true. finland and sweden will battle for the 3rd spot behind canada and slovakia i guess, so 2 points against germany are a must!
I think Finland and Sweden are equal to Slovakia. Canada is in its own league, but behind them its really close.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Jyssy said:
I think Finland and Sweden are equal to Slovakia. Canada is in its own league, but behind them its really close.

i don't think sweden is equal to slovakia. sweden lacks talent this team. it's a weak team. and finland is probably too young. but we'll see.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
korpikoski scored with 10 seconds remaining. so it's a 4-1 win for finland. congratulations!!!

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yay for korpi :handclap: was it empty net or normal?

sounds like nokailanen had a great game ( i can't spell his name)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
can't say i'm happy, but 1-4 is still ok. i don't expect a win in this group and as long as they don't get shot out of the arena i'm fine with it. germany needs to beat switzerland and belarus.

they have to work on their discipline, because 30 PIM and 10 PK situations are way too much. 4 PP-goals by finland says it all.

congratulations again to finland! i'm off to bed now.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Rask got a good head start in the goalie stats with this game. He's leading with ~96SVS%, when Al Montoya is second with 88SVS%.

Doesn't mean anything, of course, but I enjoy it anyway.

Anyone see the game? How was Laakso's game? He's been hyped so much here in Finland now (stories in papers, radio interviews etc.), I'd hate for him to disappoint.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
zecke26 said:
they have to work on their discipline, because 30 PIM and 10 PK situations are way too much. 4 PP-goals by finland says it all.

When I read those comments which you guys wrote during the game it made me wonder how the refereering was? It seemed that Germany got way more penalties, but no one seems to know if all those penalties were deserverd. This is from the official site: German assistant coach Uwe Krupp said, "You don't win hockey games in the penalty box. If you play a physical brand of hockey and officials make marginal calls, it puts you at a disadvantage."

Other thing I am confused is that who the .... is responsible of the game stats, cause now it seems to me that almoust every web page has it`s version of how many shots there were etc.

http://www.iihf.com/news/iihfwj0205.htm ...says: Finland out-shot Germany 30-12.

http://ralphsworldjr.com/New2/index.php?page=news_In&dat=Dec25_4 ...says: Finland got 40 shots and allowed only 19 German shots.

http://www.usahockey.com/2005wjc/to...04_12_25_07_30_pm/GER_vs_FIN/schedules/stats/ .... says: shots Finland 34, Germany 24

:lol

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
gib said:
When I read those comments which you guys wrote during the game it made me wonder how the refereering was? It seemed that Germany got way more penalties, but no one seems to know if all those penalties were deserverd. This is from the official site: German assistant coach Uwe Krupp said, "You don't win hockey games in the penalty box. If you play a physical brand of hockey and officials make marginal calls, it puts you at a disadvantage."

maybe the ref was bad, but still they had their PP chances but didn't use it while finland did it.
i don't know if this game was broadcasted. otherwise the only way to get information about the penalties would be someone who attended the game.

Other thing I am confused is that who the .... is responsible of the game stats, cause now it seems to me that almoust every web page has it`s version of how many shots there were etc.

normally the iihf is responsible for that. i think that a shot in north america is not automatically a shot in europe and the other way round. i guess that's causing some trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad