New Jersey, Exit 16E
D61DA07F-3BAC-4CC0-B40C-0EDECE1FC0FE.jpeg

Reactions: bdub24

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can't take a Youtuber seriously.

I can dig that. She is by no means perfect and her bread and butter has been breaking down Disney movies mostly, but she usually has good takes.

Her Hobbit series went in depth on how production issues really screwed those movies up, and she spent time interviewing one of the actors on how things went down, plus going into issues about how local actors were not treated fairly in New Zealand. It was interesting.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is just wearisome to be someone who is mostly enjoying this and just wants to discuss it. Especially on Reddit, where it’s become a giant salt mine.

I get Euron sucks, and sure lol a coffee cup was in a shot, but I much rather be discussing Dany’s heel turn, Jon’s misery, what is Jamie going to do, then the damn scorpions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and obviously this isn’t perfect, but a lot of people want to go full Cinemasins and pick apart every mistake over and over and over and over. Then on reddit (it doesn’t really happen on this forum thankfully) you get insulted for liking it being called a mindless pleb or a shownly.

There is only two episodes left of my favorite show and I am exhausted. I’ll try and do a better job respecting those who don’t like it, but I hope that is returned for us folks that are.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
She's still gonna take out the hound, as a mercy kill at the end of the Clegane Bowl! :nod:
Which leaves only Cersei and the Mountain on her list [Payne was written off the show I believe]
She won't make the same mistake as the other guy did by gloating over her victory.

False. The Hound is taking the throne damn it!!! All hail the hound.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
It is just wearisome to be someone who is mostly enjoying this and just wants to discuss it. Especially on Reddit, where it’s become a giant salt mine.

I get Euron sucks, and sure lol a coffee cup was in a shot, but I much rather be discussing Dany’s heel turn, Jon’s misery, what is Jamie going to do, then the damn scorpions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and obviously this isn’t perfect, but a lot of people want to go full Cinemasins and pick apart every mistake over and over and over and over. Then on reddit (it doesn’t really happen on this forum thankfully) you get insulted for liking it being called a mindless pleb or a shownly.

There is only two episodes left of my favorite show and I am exhausted. I’ll try and do a better job respecting those who don’t like it, but I hope that is returned for us folks that are.
Yeah. I agree with this.

The show isn't perfect, it's rushed, there's some stupid things happening that don't really make sense, but I still enjoy it. I'd still rather talk about what's going on in the show than slog through constant criticism. I respect people's opinion and most of it isn't without merit, but I would much rather enjoy talking about what's going to happen than about every person's little criticism.

It's lost a lot of what made it the greatest show on television, but in a vacuum it is still quite enjoyable. I actually think reading about it on the internet has dampened my enjoyment because I now find myself thinking "oh people aren't going to like that" when something happens that wasn't fleshed out well.

Euron GOAT aim confirmed tho.

Reactions: tacogeoff

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I fail to see how holding Game of Thrones to a high standard is a bad thing. This is a show that has previously been ranked up there with the best series of all time, we've invested time and money in this series and we deserve a quality product. The only power we as fans have is to not give HBO money and to express our discontent with the product they put out.

The drop in quality hurts HBO's reputation and we as paying customers owe it to ourselves and to them to make sure HBO knows they f***ed up.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I fail to see how holding Game of Thrones to a high standard is a bad thing. This is a show that has previously been ranked up there with the best series of all time, we've invested time and money in this series and we deserve a quality product. The only power we as fans have is to not give HBO money and to express our discontent with the product they put out.

The drop in quality hurts HBO's reputation and we as paying customers owe it to ourselves and to them to make sure HBO knows they ****ed up.

There's so many people to blame though....lol. The post mortum will be interesting.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

What do you think happens to Jon? He doesn't want the throne and has simultaneously alienated his sisters and Dany. I think Tormund's comment about Jon belonging in the north might be some foreshadowing. One way or another he gets out of Dodge. Maybe he runs into Dexter at his cabin?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

The drop in quality hurts HBO's reputation and we as paying customers owe it to ourselves and to them to make sure HBO knows they ****ed up.

Thing is plenty of people think we are still getting a quality product. If you don’t feel that way and want to send a message to HBO the best thing to do would be to cancel now and not watch the final two.

Because they won’t give a rats ass about your opinion if everyone is staying subscribed and giving them the record ratings they are almost assuredly going to get.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What do you think happens to Jon? He doesn't want the throne and has simultaneously alienated his sisters and Dany. I think Tormund's about Jon belonging in the north might be some foreshadowing. One way or another he gets out of Dodge. Maybe he runs into Dexter at his cabin?

He either becomes a miserable king, gets killed by Dany, or yeah he decides to just go beyond the wall for the rest of his days.

I think Jon going north with the free folk is the closest thing to a happy ending that he can get.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Thing is plenty of people think we are still getting a quality product. If you don’t feel that way and want to send a message to HBO the best thing to do would be to cancel now and not watch the final two.

Because they won’t give a rats ass about your opinion if everyone is staying subscribed and giving them the record ratings they are almost assuredly going to get.

....but that isn't here and certainly isn't on Reddit. What does that tell you? Also, come on now. Everyone is going to watch the final two eps regardless of how pissed off they are.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
He either becomes a miserable king, gets killed by Dany, or yeah he decides to just go beyond the wall for the rest of his days.

I think Jon going north with the free folk is the closest thing to a happy ending that he can get.

I agree and hope that is what happens.

Vex

Apr 23, 2019
Las Vegas, NV

This fandom has basically turned into wrestling fans. What actually happens in the show is largely ignored so they can yell at why every decision is bad behind the scenes. It's kind of fascinating. And this isn't really an insult. It's an observation.

I have a truck load of issues with this show, but they are "political" regarding a lot of the problematic issues mostly. So I don't really delve into those on here. I still enjoy the show. That should be obvious by now.

I'm with you on how tiring it is to be a part of The Discourse. It's not that we want to ignore all criticism. Some folks seem to think that's what we want. It's just that the discussion is SO universally negative online.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
This fandom has basically turned into wrestling fans. What actually happens in the show is largely ignored so they can yell at why every decision is bad behind the scenes. It's kind of fascinating. And this isn't really an insult. It's an observation.

I have a truck load of issues with this show, but they are "political" regarding a lot of the problematic issues mostly. So I don't really delve into those on here. I still enjoy the show. That should be obvious by now.

I'm with you on how tiring it is to be a part of The Discourse. It's not that we want to ignore all criticism. Some folks seem to think that's what we want. It's just that the discussion is SO universally negative online.

What are some positive developments for you this season?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

A good example of how the discourse gets exhausting is how many people are STILL bitching that Jon didn’t pet Ghost.

And it isn’t an attempt to say the show is perfect or dumb stuff doesn’t happen. Euron sucks. I have no intention or desire to defend Euron, but how many different ways can we rehash the fact that Euron sucks?

Reactions: tacogeoff

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Sansa's tutelages under Cersei, Tyrion, and Littlefinger reaching new heights.

Arya staying true to herself.

The whole Jon/Dany issue has been very well done.

I would agree that the conflict between Jon and Dany has been compelling. Pretty much in character for both (to each other's detriment).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad