GDT Game 16 Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 11/9 7PM EST Lost at Sea Edition

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Fans should get a We Want Vinny Back chant going. Until he signs somewhere else I'm not giving up hope even though I understand how unlikely it is we get him back.

******* NO we shouldn't do it...seriously...its BEYOND time to move on from Vinny...

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
******* NO we shouldn't do it...seriously...its BEYOND time to move on from Vinny...

You say that and yet I still think he should be with the team. Clearly cursing isn't a good persuasive argument.

I understand all the reasons against it. I really do. But I feel this team is better with him than without him. And I'm actually adaptable too. Don't want to bring him back as a player? Okay how about as a coach. Or in some other behind the bench capacity.

By the way I was mostly kidding about the chant.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i'm sorry...not a you thing, i'm just so sick and tired of reading about it on twitter and facebook and here...when we have a healthy team, VP has no spot here...that's the sad and honest truth...its terrible asset management

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
i'm sorry...not a you thing, i'm just so sick and tired of reading about it on twitter and facebook and when we have a healthy team, VP has no spot here...that's the sad and honest truth...its terrible asset management

And I can respect that position. But how often are we healthy? With the way some of our guys play (Boone, Boll, Mac, etc) it seems to me that at any given point in the season it's likely that someone's going to be injured.

RogerSterling

Aug 25, 2013
Prospal has absolutely no place in this organization at any level. He would not improve the team as a player, he would not improve the team as a coach, and he would not improve the team with some BS front office position. This organization has handed jobs to former players in the past and it has worked out horribly. Prospal has zero experience behind the bench of a professional franchise and he has zero experience in a front office role.

He is not some messiah that would suddenly fix the glaring holes on this team. The fact of the matter is the team as constructed just isn't good. They're at least a year away from competing for a playoff spot. Last year was smoke and mirrors. The guys rode a hot goalie the last two months of the season. I highly doubt they would've come as close to the playoffs as they did had last year been a full length season. The forward group is bad, the defense is mediocre at best, and the goaltending is slightly above average.

Hopefully they can pull out a win tonight, but I'm getting the feeling that November will once again spell doom for the Jackets.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Definitely an above average GDT; one could even say it topped mediocre. :laugh:

Seriously nice job. Now all we need is a win and hope Umbie doesn't get winded trying to stay up with Arty & Gabby.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
picture.php

:handclap: I love this.

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Fan & Super.............your work on this GDT is over the top awesome!!!!!:yo::laugh:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
so, the excitement for this game seems to be off the charts. :sarcasm:

Yep....34 posts at puck drop.... lol

The OP did a fine job, perhaps the best this season... but I will say, in the dark days when no one wants to do a GDT you know who is always there? Sam! And no suck up comments cus I don't suck up to anyone, I just think it's nice Sam is there if the board isn't and deserves a bow... :yo:

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yep....34 posts at puck drop.... lol

The OP did a fine job, perhaps the best this season... but I will say, in the dark days when no one wants to do a GDT you know who is always there? Sam! And no suck up comments cus I don't suck up to anyone, I just think it's nice Sam is there if the board isn't and deserves a bow... :yo:

he's come a long way from "n/t"....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm tired of those Timberland commercials.... do you know how hard it was for them to rig that fan to spin the lights!! With the fan blades doing nothing... Almost impossible...

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Joey is so impressive this year... the kid will be our Captain one day....

MFJJ better play defense first and turnovers second....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad