NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Post of the night candidate....
giphy.gif

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The proverbial regular season switch has been turned on, folks.

When do you see old vets like Nick decking a guy after the whistle. Orpik dropping the gloves first with a kid half his age. Willy sitting on someone in the crease long after the game throwing rights.

Love the gloved punches BTW, they are effective. You add about 2 inches of reach, and also protect the knuckles for better things like scoring goals. Best of all, it keeps the DOPES off yer back when you are the only one throwing.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Its telling that Willy can sit on one of their players after the game and no one does anything about. It tells me Calgary needs to finish growing a spine.

I bet they learned a good lesson tonight.

Draft more Wilson and Orpik types.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Its telling that Willy can sit on one of their players after the game and no one does anything about. It tells me Calgary needs to finish growing a spine.

I bet they learned a good lesson tonight.

Draft more Wilson and Orpik types.
They’re halfway there. They have a Tkachuk.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I will never be a fan of the choreographed crap players are now forced to do after games. They must feel like idiots being marketing pawns after games. I saw the ducks had to play duck duck goose. You could see them all bolt to the locker room asap.

Give me tonight's ending over that stuff every day.

Last edited:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
They’re halfway there. They have a Tkachuk.

Good point and indeed they are playing well.... he was just a 1 man show at the end there, and you can literally see what Calgary lacks in that one exchange to play with the big boys. Another big boy or 3.

Tkachuks - bloodline picks definitely worth taking a stab at. Burabustsky.... Gus... sigh. Seems like we hit on Djoos at least. You gotta swing for the fences and go big. I always liked KT. His son is much more of a punk than he was, but he is still a chip off the ole block. We do have a few candidates in Sutter and Clark. BMac should try to add one of the Tkachuks if they ever have a drop in value.

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Good point and indeed they are playing well.... he was just a man show at the end there, and you can literally see what Calgary lacks in that one exchange to play with the big boys. Another big boy or 3.

Look, no offense, but you are comparing a 6 on 5 units. One group is naturally going to be grittier guys. Lindholm, Gaudreau, and Monahan are not those guys, but I didn't see the likes of Kuznetsov, Carlson or Vrana out there for you guys.

Our team has plenty of "big boys" - Bennett, Tkachuk, Neal, Hamonic, Hathaway are made for these kind of games. They just were not out there on that one specific sequence other than one guy.

Additionally, your team clearly wanted this game more on a whole, which was to be expected.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Did Caps give up an odd man rush in this game? Trying to remember and can't come up with any.
There was a 3 on 2 in the second that led to the second Flames goal, IINM and maybe one other late in the second, but that's it.

It definitely wasn't the constant jailbreak that the last 7 games were. The defensive breakouts were better also but got a little sloppy at times. Maybe more so than previous games when there wasn't anything they just lobbed the puck out and regrouped. Definitely a better defensive effort. Still some cleanup to do tho.

Last edited:

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
It definitely wasn't the constant jailbreak that the last 7 games were. The defensive breakouts were better also but got a little sloppy at times. Maybe more so than previous games when there want anything the just lobbed the puck out and regrouped. Definitely a better defensive effort. Still some cleanup to do tho.

It looked a lot cleaner to me, for sure.

Whatever troubles there were, they mostly happened when trying to get out of our zone. In contrast, we have been absolutely plagued by irresponsible, incoherent plays at the offensive blue line all through the losing streak.

Definitely a step in the right direction. Also, gotta give credit to the Flames. They move the puck and players around with speed and purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad