Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Teus said:
Nice going Grossman... :shakehead

Now now...cant blame it all on him...only 2 goals were scored on that PP, making the score 4-3....they just couldnt hold on it looks like.

Tume

Dec 23, 2003
Finland
Riddarn said:
Yes. Congratulations!

Thanks. By the way, what is the deciding factor if Sweden wins Slovakia (assuming Slovakia wins Germany and Finland gets trashed by Canada)? Is it goal difference or what?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Chaos said:
Now now...cant blame it all on him...only 2 goals were scored on that PP, making the score 4-3....they just couldnt hold on it looks like.

No, we can blame Grossman for letting the finns into the game, the rest can be blamed on the rest of the team that obviously were not able to stand to the pressure.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Tume said:
Thanks. By the way, what is the deciding factor if Sweden wins Slovakia (assuming Slovakia wins Germany and Finland gets trashed by Canada)? Is it goal difference or what?

Perhaps, but you assume that the Swedes actually have a chance at beating the Slovaks. I don't know if they do. These Slovaks won silver at the u18 but the Finns had a weaker team this year. Betting on Swedes to win a deciding game is only a game for fools.

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Wow. Isn't this a world gone topsy-turvy.

It would be a major bummer to miss the quarterfinals after this. Finland is -1 against Sweden and Slovakia, so if I'm still up-to-date with IIHF's tie breakers, a victory for Sweden over Slovakia by one, two or in some cases three goals would doom Finland (barring upsets in SVK-GER and CAN-FIN).

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Had about 10 decent minutes the last three days after I logged on and saw that Sweden where up 4-1...

Tukka Rask might not have looked so good today but damn has Sweden had shaky goaltending the last couple of WJC... Saw all games but one live in Finland last year and extremly shaky goaltending there defenitly cost us allot of points...

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Riddarn said:
Perhaps, but you assume that the Swedes actually have a chance at beating the Slovaks. I don't know if they do. These Slovaks won silver at the u18 but the Finns had a weaker team this year. Betting on Swedes to win a deciding game is only a game for fools.

They´ll win it without a doubt! :)

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
If the slovaks beat the swede, the game against Finland would be not much of a factor...

Cause we have a diff of +20 with 3 win

If:

-SLO WIN OVER GER
-FIN WIN OVER CAN
-SLO WIN OVER SWE

There is a triple tied in the first position between Canada-Finland and Slovakia

The differential is the tied-break...

So unless we are smoke by like 15 goal the Finns, we earn the free pass on a demi-finale game...

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I'm sorry to see Sweden have such a tough tournament so far. I wasn't that impressed with them on paper but they played well at the US summer evaluation and then at the tournament a few months back so I really thought they would surprise some people. It seems like they just lost whatever magic they may have had.

Tume

Dec 23, 2003
Finland
SpezNc said:
If the slovaks beat the swede, the game against Finland would be not much of a factor...

Cause we have a diff of +20 with 3 win

If:

-SLO WIN OVER GER
-FIN WIN OVER CAN
-SLO WIN OVER SWE

There is a triple tied in the first position between Canada-Finland and Slovakia

The differential is the tied-break...

So unless we are smoke by like 15 goal the Finns, we earn the free pass on a demi-finale game...

Canada is 99,9% sure winner in this group. I was more interested in what happens between FIN, SWE and SVK.

C-J...*

Lets deport the whole Swedish team to Norway for some oil and a bucket of worms.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
No we don't. Don't get me wrong, Sweden has a chance to beat the slovaks of course, but I just can't see it happening. Let's just try to keep the numbers against Canada decent, okay boys ;)

Does anyone know HOW the goals were scored? I read on YLE (Finland's equivelant for BBC), that two of Sweden's goals were luck a.k.a sloppy mistakes by Rask.

gib

Feb 3, 2004
Diaboli said:
No we don't. Don't get me wrong, Sweden has a chance to beat the slovaks of course, but I just can't see it happening. Let's just try to keep the numbers against Canada decent, okay boys ;)

I don`t know. How I see it is that Sweden has a good chance beating Slovakia. We were outshot 38-26 by the swedes and our game against Slovakia was pretty close. So if Swedes play at the same level than against Finland and mister Nicklas Grossman(Finlands best player last night :yo: ) keeps his nerves cool, I don`t see why Sweden couldn`t win.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
gib said:
I don`t know. How I see it is that Sweden has a good chance beating Slovakia. We were outshot 38-26 by the swedes and our game against Slovakia was pretty close. So if Swedes play at the same level than against Finland and mister Nicklas Grossman(Finlands best player last night :yo: ) keeps his nerves cool, I don`t see why Sweden couldn`t win.

I did say they have a chance. I don't just see it happening, because we're going to the quarters, and if the swedes beat the slovaks, it would basically mean we wouldn't get their.

So, the swedes winning the slovaks? No, I don't see it happening ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->