GDT: Finland-Sweden, 4 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
As much as I like Sweden, I have to go with Finland this time.

4-3 Finland

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I'm afraid we're going to lose this one, we simply don't have the offense.

2-1 Sweden

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
The swedish scorers have looked very tame...
The finnish ones haven't looked too good either...

2-1 Finland.

Tukonen
Makkonen

Eriksson

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
The swedish team definitly has a chance to win this game. BUT since it's an important game that a win could mean that Sweden would reach the final round then I predict a loss. Important games are bad for the swedish psyche.

4-2 to Finland, last goal an empty netter.

chicpea*

This could go either way but my dirty mind tells me it'll be a 5-3 win for Finland.

FINNtastic

Apr 24, 2004
4-1 Finland

Sorry that I have to ruin this for you guys but this is the way the game goes...

1st period:
13.43 Tukonen (Nokelainen,Korpikoski) PP

2nd period:
22.06 Söderberg (Fredriksson)
37.55 Marjamäki (Seitsonen)

3rd period:
44.02 Honkaheimo (Nokelainen,Tukonen) PP
58.15 Joensuu

Rask FIN 26 saves
Heino-Lindberg SWE 31 saves

Penalties: SWE 7 X 2 min , FIN 6 X 2 min + 10 min

4-1 Finland

So go on...place your bets! :)

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
5-2 Finland, the last one an empty-netter

Korpikoski
Nokelainen
Makkonen
Tukonen
Joensuu

Nilsson x 2

This is assuming that Rask plays well. If not, then 4-3 Sweden. Heino-Lindberg is a pretty good goalie

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Rask has been fantastic for us so far, and I don't see Sweden's forwards doing much more damage than Germany.

4-2 for Finland.

Assuming Tukonen-Nokelainen-Korpikoski gets it's act together.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
mattihp said:
He sure hasn't proved it in this tourney...

I saw the Canada-Sweden game, and you can't really blame him for most of the goals. I do agree that he does have a peculiar style, seems to rely on reflexes and luck :)

Sweden-Finland would be so nice to watch, but I don't think TSN will show this game though :(

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Boucicaut said:
I saw the Canada-Sweden game, and you can't really blame him for most of the goals. I do agree that he does have a peculiar style, seems to rely on reflexes and luck :)

Sweden-Finland would be so nice to watch, but I don't think TSN will show this game though :(
He sure is entertaining at least :D sometimes very comical goals or saves

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Diaboli said:
Why not? Do you think he messed your chances in the Canada game that bad :D

Heino-Lindberg has a shutout and was the best Swedish player against Canada (receiving (swe) game honours and also being named top Swede by the Swedish coaches). With that being said, I could definitely see David Rautio get to start since he recently was excellent against this Finnish team in the 4 nation u20 tournament held in Sweden little more than a month ago.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
Predatore said:
Heino-Lindberg has a shutout and was the best Swedish player against Canada (receiving (swe) game honours and also being named top Swede by the Swedish coaches). With that being said, I could definitely see David Rautio get to start since he recently was excellent against this Finnish team in the 4 nation u20 tournament held in Sweden little more than a month ago.

Oh come on, it was a joke ;)

C-J...*

Predatore said:

KInda sucks that both out goalies have Finnish last names, I´ll bet theres some kinda setup going on :lol

Salo has proved over and over again that he will screw us Swedes over every chanse he gets :eek: ...and hes born in Finland :amazed: :D

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
This is the best game of the day... Atleast closest. But of course, we wont get to see it. Both teams really need this game if they are planning on going to the second round so it should be fun to watch.

Sweden needs to have some energy, unlike the Canadian game, where most of the players were pilons. It just kills me to think they would have too poor games in a row.

I will pick Sweden, but only because they won the 4 nations cup, have the same team, but haven't played as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->