U18: GDT Final day

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Sweden wins it because of great team effort and special 2002 kids. I think there is no bigger favourite next year than um.. Sweden. That group as a whole is so special.

Holtz, Nybeck, Niederbach, Raymond, Wallstedt, Helge Grans, Emil Andrae etc. Yeah, good luck for all the other teams.

Congrats Sweden, well deserved.

edit: and the swedish goal song is stuck in my head now...

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
I feel really sorry for the Russian players, to see them in such pain hurts a bit, even as a Swede. They played their hearts out, what a great tournament for them. What a game.

Screw that, we've been waiting for a U18 gold literally since the tournament was instated, and it's not like we haven't had our share of heartbreak in the U20s either.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Kinda strange in a 4-3 game where a player scored a hat trick and the OT winner, huh

Strange is an understatement. Of course Raymond was the player of the game.

Well done Swedish Boys! First U18 Gold, and at home in Sweden, that is something!

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Impressive effort by Sweden.
As for Lucas Raymond; earlier in the tournament I thought it looked like he has run out of gas having played a long season and honestly not being really himself. For those that for example saw Raymond (and Holtz) at U18 Hlinka, his effort in this tourney was maybe 30% of that. He did show up big time in the final and appears to be a player for the big games.

When it comes to the Swedish 01 group, there's plenty of skilled defensemen. At forward, however, there's really only Simon Holmström, Karl Henriksson and Noel Gunler (who was cut from the team) with skills to become scoring players at NHL level. Too bad Costmar was injured, would have liked to see more of him.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I feel really sorry for the Russian players, to see them in such pain hurts a bit, even as a Swede. They played their hearts out, what a great tournament for them. What a game.

Thanks for the comment man. The Swedes were really good today, congratulations for Gold! Let the great competiton live on :).

Reactions: theslatcher

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I think the Swedish goalie has been awarded player of the game for Sweden every game he has played, at least it feels like that.
Especially since half the goals he allows are softies that just leaks through him, in both the semi final and the final game. No way he was the best Swedish player in either of those games.

Pretty funny Sweden won gold, when the coach refused to pick perhaps the best forward on the team (that kid playing for Luleå).

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Especially since half the goals he allows are softies that just leaks through him, in both the semi final and the final game. No way he was the best Swedish player in either of those games.

Pretty funny Sweden won gold, when the coach refused to pick perhaps the best forward on the team (that kid playing for Luleå).

Its a team sport. Got to have a good attitude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->