GDT: Czech Republic vs. Switzerland, Feb 16, 1:00 PM Torino, 7:00 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebodyczech

Dec 5, 2005
Hovno. I think, or hope rather, that this game will light a fire under the Czechs.

I tip my hat to the Swiss team though; great game all around.

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
it's always tough to play against swiss and germany. they have nothing to lose. i haven't seen the game but their style of hockey + often very good goaltending makes problem for offensive teams like czechs.

congrats to swiss to big win :handclap:
i hope czechs will play better in next games

go slovakia go :yo:

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Where is everybody saying the Czechs suck and won't medal? This after a bad game vs. Germany too. Don't give me any of the "oh the Swiss and Germans are good" crap either.

A 3-2 loss to the Swiss is a lot worse than a 3-3 tie to Latvia

Last edited:

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Hate to Break it to you but: Latvia is damn good.

Latvian talent + German Heart + Swiss System = Elite Nation :yo:

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
not a huge thing, except for suisse. they played really well.

w/o spacek's Horrible turnover right in front of vokoun, and/or if someone had actually got the puck after spacek's hit on paterlini(?) czechs would have won.

why were the czechs refusing to dump and chase? even when suisse had 4 on the blueline, they tried to carry in, even on PP. big waste.

straka and jagr and vokoun are best czechs. other lines don't do much. lang looks bad. looks like that a lot in NHL, but still scores......

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Bileur said:
Can anyone tell me if Vauclair played? If so how was he?

Good job by Vauclair. Strong with his defensive play, very important defensive defenseman for the swiss.

Vauclair plays with a broken finger.. with a plaster in his glove. Good spirit by Vauclair.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
This game is an example of why The Rangers should be worried in the playoffs. Something about Jagr....the guy has talent but he doesn`t seem to have the conquering spirit to inspire others to give it their all.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Kimota said:
This game is an example of why The Rangers should be worried in the playoffs. Something about Jagr....the guy has talent but he doesn`t seem to have the conquering spirit to inspire others to give it their all.

Yes, this game is evidence of that.

Oh wait.... He's won every team trophy in hockey, including leading the Czechs to Olympic gold and WC win.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Kimota said:

Jagr was the powerhouse all time in that game....

The problem was anywhere but not about Jagr.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I don't give credit to the Swiss..they didn't impress me much. They still got totally outshot and totally dominated..if Abischer hadn't played the game of his life it woulda been a blowout for the Czechs. Czech Republic is just getting warmed up and it makes no difference where you finnish you still gotta beat the best to win..this round robin is just formal crap. And Jagr was amazing, played like a monster...The swiss can thank Abischer for this one!

Winner

May 5, 2005
Czech rep.
Well, Jágr had birthday the day before this match. I guess the party was so lively, that they were a bit exhausted to play against Swiss ;)

twelve

May 19, 2005
lol
Maybe.
Good that the party was two days ago and won't take place in the quarterfinals or later.

The Czechs obviously expected the Swiss to be overawed. I had to laugh at the many times in which a Czech had the puck and a Swiss just sailed by and took it away from him. It almost seemed as if some Czech players thought that the Swiss wouldn't dare take back the puck once it was in their posession. That happened an awful lot in the first period, and the first goal was the result of an action like that. And, don't blame Vokoun, defence just left him alone. Not a Czech near Ziegler...

The shorthander was also a great example of how the Czechs underestimated the 'little' Swiss. Thought a check would do it. Maybe even thought Paterlini would just stay down and lie there till the powerplay ended. Instead, the guy got up and scored. Five Czech players grouped around one Swiss, and only one of them making a move to get the puck!

This team has to wake up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad