GDT: Czech Republic vs. Switzerland, Feb 16, 1:00 PM Torino, 7:00 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRedressor

Oct 3, 2005
calgarylen13 said:
The inevitable...it was only time before it happened unfortauntely, and thats no downer to the Swiss, they deserve the game...the ref would never let the upset happen.

despite the ref's effort it hasn't helped the czechs yet.

Swiss is goin on the PP now

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Swiss still playing for the win! Wonderful to see! :handclap:
Once they get out off the PK circus they are completely on pace with the Czechs. Their transition and passing is _good_.

Edit: the ice is still not so good in that venue... you saw how the puck just stopped in the corner and let to the turnover?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bob Gainey is shaking his head right now. Streit never has a laser like that for the Habs

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap: :propeller

shawn_kemp*

I wanna become a Swiss citizen!!!!!!!! What do I need to do??? Marry some Swiss chick?

calgarylen13

Mar 15, 2002
Roskilde
Visit site
Cool Vibes Why Don't You Kill Me!

Cool Vibes Why Don't You Turn Your Eyes Away

Can't You See That We're Here To Die

Cool Vibes Why Don't You Kick Some Czech ***! :d

Piggymon

Sep 19, 2005
Czechs making me eat my words, and I don't think Vokoun allowing goals like that is going to cut it in the finals.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jori_18_23 said:
How much time left?

like 13 minutes.

This Swiss need this game more than the Czechs, the Czechs will still be #1 in the pool if they beat Canada, whereas if the Swiss win, a tie vs. Germany will suffice because everyone is going to beat Italy.

Last edited:

RuuhkaTukka

Feb 1, 2006
6 minutes to go. Aebischer is playing great. Gotta love the Swiss. They fight so hard!

GO SWISS GO!

devsjunkie

Dec 22, 2005
Chilltown, N.J.
Here's an Elias update for those who want more than the commentators to notice three full periods after Patrik stopped playing that he was missing.

It's from a Czech source at Hockey Rodent via njdevs.com forums:

It is actually a rib injury, it does not sound too serious.

In 1st period he blocked the shot and then he was crosschecked. I apologize but I have no idea what the proper vocabularies are. It is very complicated to describe these things in English.

The muscle between Patrik's ribcages is sprained. Doctors ordered one day of rest for Patty. Patrik said that he felt same today as he did yesterday after the game. It means that the pain is not bigger but it is not better.

He should play next game. Even if he miss next game his injury is not serious. NJ fans can be calm.

CSKA

May 5, 2003
Visit site
ha ha this olympics are something spezial thats for sure :yo:

The Czechs looking bad, where is the powerhouse ? :dunno:

calgarylen13

Mar 15, 2002
Roskilde
Visit site
CSKA said:

The teams to beat in this tournament:
Russia...well Slovakia already beat them
Finland...always underrated and should be in the gold medal game to lose to Russia
Sweden...always strong, until someone tells them they could go home next game...then they like the idea of returning to the Swedish chicks

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
CSKA said:

Usually you'll the powerhouse in a few days when it's elimination games. I never count the Czechs out until they are in fact out of the tournament for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad