GDT: Czech Republic vs. Finland, Feb. 18, 9.00 PM Torino, 3.00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Predonater

Dec 3, 2005
Nashville
www.pbase.com
Noticed that Marek Zidlicky had a few words for Ruutu as he walked off the ice. Wonder if this will carry over to the game coming up in Nashville between Vancouver and the Preds??? Gotta think that some mouthing will take place. LOL!!

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
psycho_dad said:
I hate Jarkko Ruutu when he does something stupid, but hitting is part of hockey. Unfortunately Jagr got hurt, but the hit was perfectly clean and a penalty, especially a 5+20 is ridiculous. Ruutu got the penalty because the injured player was Jagr, and because there was blood. The hit itself was legal.

Maybe his silly Jofa helmet cut his scalp??

You must be from Finland. :biglaugh:

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Bank Shot said:
That's faulty logic. So if a player falls to his knees, and another player comes along and elbows him into next week, then the player who gets hit should share the blame for putting himself in that position eh?

Who cares? Jagr was on his feet with his head down.

Toett

Oct 17, 2005
Gothenburg
Ugly hit... :shakehead
Too bad Ruutu was sent off ice. I would have liked to see him on the ice to take a correspondning penalty... :teach:

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
It didnt look at all that dirty. Boarding for sure Ill give ya that one. But given the combo of the boards being higher than the NHL, Jagr ducking at the last minute due to his head being down, and Jagr's choice of helmet which is illegal in the NHL, it all looks worse than it would have if it was an NHL game. Just my opinion though.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
trippyime said:
Who cares? Jagr was on his feet with his head down.

It's not like he was skating up-ice with his head down and Ruutu met him at full speed crossing the blueline or something. He was stationary digging around along the boards for the puck. Ruutu could have come in to try and take the puck, tried to get body position on Jagr, or tried to bump him out of the way. Instead he came in looking for the hit that would cause the maximum injury to Jagr.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Vikke said:
You must be from Finland. :biglaugh:

Yes I am.

Explain what was dirty in that hit? Players should keep their heads up, especially when they are at the boards. Ruutu hit him ON THE SHOULDER. What is wrong with that? Isnt that what hitting is about?

It was unfortunate, but clean. Jagr was only inches away from the boards, so its not boarding.

So what is the problem?

C-J...*

Padawan said:
Believe me, I am. Jarkko Ruutu is a disgrace and I am ashamed that he is a fellow finn. Hopefully he will be punished by Team Finland management also.

The thing that made it even worse, was the fact that he had a big smirk on his face after the situation was over.

cant get over how much I hate that smug son of a...

I really hope that someone takes care of him when he gets back to the NHL, and this coming from someone thats neither a Jagr, a Rangers or a Czech-fan.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Huh? The goal was Koivu's though? Pretty scrappy garbage goal and didn't see the official statsline but it seemd like a Koivu (or Selanne) goal, assisted by Jere.. no?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Ironically Ruutu was replaced by Ville Nieminen. Ville must be delighted with Ruutu.

Force

Jan 26, 2006
Anybody who approved to an action like that which intends or at least takes into account a serious injury is just not a decent human beeing or a sportsman who is dedicated to fairplay.

Jagr is a great player and seeing him beeing injured and unable to compete for a medal because of such an ugly move is simply sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->