GDT: Czech Republic vs. Finland, Feb. 18, 9.00 PM Torino, 3.00 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mama*

Liquidrage said:
Clean hit by NHL standards. Not sure if there's anything different in Olympic hockey.

Big hit. Need to drop the gloves after that hit.

HughJass*

I can't call anything like that clean....Jagr was defenseless. I'm sick of all of Jarko Ruutu's crap.

Keep your head up?! He's battling along the boards for the puck. You people and that nonsense :shakehead

MrAlfie

Liquidrage said:
Clean hit by NHL standards. Not sure if there's anything different in Olympic hockey.

this check was FAR from a clean hit, jagrs head was down and right next to the boards.. you dont go for the head when you see a player is right next to the boards with it..
ruutu deserves to have his clock cleaned

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Liquidrage said:
:shakehead
No way is that a clean hit in the NHL. Its charging at the very least. What a pathetic puke Ruutu is.

Tume

Dec 23, 2003
Finland
Well, unnecessary tackle from Ruutu. But Jagr also ducked down in the situation.

Hmmm.....maybe Jagr will use something else than Joga 235 after this....hopefully he´s ok though.

C-J...*

Charging right at the head on a defenceless player half & half turned towards the boards.

Ruutu once again shows his true colors, and he laughed afterwords even though Jagr was bleeding all over the ice, if I was a Finn I would be ashamed.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Epsilon said:
That was a blatant boarding/charging against a player in a defenseless position. 100% dirty hit, but what else is new from Ruutu.

I'll give you boarding, but since it wasn't from behind, what determines a "defenseless" position? You're taught since you were 2 to keep your head up, Jagr had his head down and didn't see it coming. He was defenseless because he wasn't aware of his surroundings. I think it was dirty because of the head shot, but players have to share some blame for having their head down.

Frozen

Aug 23, 2004
And here I was hoping we wouldn't see this side of Ruutu in this tournament... sigh. :shakehead

Hope Jagr is fine.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Starshollow said:
Charging right at the head on a defenceless player half & half turned towards the boards.

Ruutu once again shows his true colors, and he laughed afterwords even though Jagr was bleeding all over the ice, if I was a Finn I would be ashamed.
Believe me, I am. Jarkko Ruutu is a disgrace and I am ashamed that he is a fellow finn. Hopefully he will be punished by Team Finland management also.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
NightScout said:
Damn... this will mess up Finland's game. Sometimes I just hate Jarkko Ruutu...

I hate Jarkko Ruutu when he does something stupid, but hitting is part of hockey. Unfortunately Jagr got hurt, but the hit was perfectly clean and a penalty, especially a 5+20 is ridiculous. Ruutu got the penalty because the injured player was Jagr, and because there was blood. The hit itself was legal.

Maybe his silly Jofa helmet cut his scalp??

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
Oh please, it wasn't a clean hit, drop it. What Ruutu did was nothing but stupid and ugly, but maybe you'll need that hit to realize it.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
trippyime said:
I'll give you boarding, but since it wasn't from behind, what determines a "defenseless" position? You're taught since you were 2 to keep your head up, Jagr had his head down and didn't see it coming. He was defenseless because he wasn't aware of his surroundings. I think it was dirty because of the head shot, but players have to share some blame for having their head down.

That's faulty logic. So if a player falls to his knees, and another player comes along and elbows him into next week, then the player who gets hit should share the blame for putting himself in that position eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->