GDT: Czech Republic-Switzerland, 3:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
Vrana was the best player this game. Pierre agree's with me

vrana vrana was a vrana vrana. if you vranaed the vrana, you'd come up with a vrana. speaking of vrana, there do happen to be 21 other players on the ice. :joker:

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Ich weisse

I believe I posted : my bad - indicating my own mistake.
I can tell a German lastname when I see one

Schwarz for Czechs though is a bit odd, but not that unreal, that's why I asked the question.

eh there are a lot of shared names between german and czech i think. my own last name is both german and czech (though in my case, it comes from czech heritage)

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
thorspartak said:
notice how many Czech goalies have Germans last names ?
Aebischer, Schwarz ?

Swiss are being physically dominated by .... the Czechs

Lot of Czechs have German last names, there's a lotta history between the 2 countries. Frolik is also a german name(Froelich), so is Olesz(Olesch), they've just been slavicized, so to speak.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
PanthersRule said:
The Swiss are good,

but,

5-2 Czechs.

Czechs- Olesz (2), Vrana, Bolf, Kaspar

Swiss- Furrer, Wick

Hey Chaos, Olesz got 3 points, k, maybe not 2 goals, but a goal and 2 assists, despite getting leveled and my prediction was right on. Man, I've been on fire with these. I was one goal off on the 7-3 win over the slovaks I think I said 7-4 or something like that and now I get this right on. :yo:

BTW, regardless of how soft Olesz is, he usually doesn't play soft. I mean I didn't see the game but if he played soft, I find it quite surprising. What the heck is with him getting wrecked all the time. I mean Phaneuf, Furrer, etc.... , I mean, hopefully there's no etc... at least he came back and got a goal and assist. How did he look though, I mean I've heard the harsh words here, but if he still got 3 points, he obvioulsy didn't look bad.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Kovy274Hart said:
How did Petruzalek look? And how was Furrer's hit?

Thanks.
Petruzalek has some good skill. He seems extremely small though. That whole line was solid as a whole. The hit Furrer threw was pretty hard. Olesz is going to get killed in North America.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
neelynugs said:
vrana vrana was a vrana vrana. if you vranaed the vrana, you'd come up with a vrana. speaking of vrana, there do happen to be 21 other players on the ice. :joker:
and Vrana happens to be the one playingt he best. I gave Kaspar and Schwarz their credit.

CH Wizard

Nice goal by Frolik !

Olesz played quite well.

I hope Czech Republic will impress many !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->