GDT: Czech Republic-Switzerland, 3:30 p.m Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
That was a very solid hit. The funny thing is, Olesz had his head up, and must have seen him comming. At the last second, he tried to do a little dangle to get out of the way! It's allmost as if he got caught underestimating the Swiss.

Even though I called that the Czechs would medal, I'm hoping the Swiss can pull this one out.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
slimer said:
1 goal on 23 shots in the first. Sounds like a goalie battle.

Tobler looked strong for the Swiss.. his rebound control could be a little better though since his best saves were off his own rebounds.

creative giant*

Swiss tied it up and then Frolik with a great goal puts the Czechs back on top 2-1. Both goalies have looked good.

TML

Dec 13, 2003
Hamilton
Nice goal by Frolik (he went end to end and wristed it top shelf)... and he's only 16 years old.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Yeah I havent seen Furrer before the other day but he was the best Swiss player in the USA/Swiss game. I was impressed.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Wow, Frolik, dandy of a goal. Basically went end to end, drove wide around Furrer and made him look like a jr. B defenceman, went out front and finished it off nicely.

Kid's got some talent..can't want to see Kessel's answer to that tonite. Too bad the Finnish game wasn't on too, Joennsu could have had something to say about it as well.

2-1 Czech, Swiss are playing well.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
kris said:
McGuire with some harsh words for Olesz, for not driving to the net (ala Frolik) and going behind it.

Is Olesz back in the game?

-edit- Nevermind just checked, he assisted on the goal thank god hes alright.

leafaholix*

Michael Frolik is tremendous.

He's breath taking... I can't believe how talented he is.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Olesz is softer then Perry. This guy is not what he was last year. He is going to be a bust if he doesn't use his strength. This is the same guy who thought he was in the same league as Ovechkin. Wow

The Czechs defense can't move a puck for their lives. Their first pass is allways behind the forward. Looks like Midget AAA right there. Vrana played well defensivly and made some great plays late in the 2nd. A really nice goal, quick hard shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->