Sep 2, 2003
TX
PanthersRule said:
The Swiss are good,

but,

5-2 Czechs.

Czechs- Olesz (2), Vrana, Bolf, Kaspar

Swiss- Furrer, Wick

Believe it or not, Olesz is not going to score 2 goals every game, like you have predicted in each of the Czech's games thus far ;)

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I think there definitely could be an upset here. The Swiss have surprised alot of teams so far and are very underrated. If they play well, they can definitely win. I'll say a 3-3 tie

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Chaos said:
Believe it or not, Olesz is not going to score 2 goals every game, like you have predicted in each of the Czech's games thus far ;)
I have. I also know that. :D

See though, he scored 2 in the first, none in the second. I think he'll score 2 today being against Switzerland. He's the best Czech player on the team up front even with Vrana and Kaspar and because he's such and offensive threat, I mean it's hard not predicting he'll score in a game against a team the Czech's should win. I mean I think Vrana will score a couple, but the fact that Olesz is awesome, coupled with my homerism, and that leads me to predict he will score 2.

The first game I was right. Second game I was wrong. Third game, we'll see. I would be he scores a goal today, one or two, MAYBE even more, we'll see. Because it's against a swiss team with several pro players, Olesz is more accustomed to the pro game than Vrana, Kaspar, Petruzalek, etc.... so that leads me to believe that he will succeed more in games against tougher competition than the others I listed above. When there is sufficient evidence that he won't be a scorer, then I'll stop predicting that he'll score. He won't score 2 in every game, but he has the ability to score 2+ on any given night, especially against the Swiss no matter how solid their defense is. Olesz is in that upper echelon of players here, lower than Ovechkin, Crosby, Bergeron, etc.., but close to albeit still below Malkin and better than several other top players here.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
For all of you who have placed the Swiss in a category with Germany and Belarus, youre going to be very surprised.
I'm gonna say 2-2. Tobler and Schwarz are very good, plus the Swiss play nice defense.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
nurminen31 said:
For all of you who have placed the Swiss in a category with Germany and Belarus, youre going to be very surprised.
I'm gonna say 2-2. Tobler and Schwarz are very good, plus the Swiss play nice defense.
I am so surprised with the Swiss. I thought they sucked but they are so so good defensively. Add a sniper up front like a top prospect and they'll be really dangerous. I do think this could end in a tie as well, but I think the Czechs will be able to penetrate the Swiss defense when it counts and win by 2.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Man, Gord Miller seems out of it today.

"Daniel Kreci plays for Rimouski in the QMJHL."

"The Flyers are thrilled Wick has come to North America." (This one has since been corrected.)

"The Flyers have more drafted players in the tournament than any other team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad