GDT - CHL top Prospects game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ernesto said:
he also came about 2 inches from smoking his own teamate in the face.there's a reason players in the nhl don't do that move.nice to see though the kids got some nice hands.
It is a showcase game, he should be able to showcase his moves. He doesn't play a thing like JR, he is more like Kariya.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
It is a showcase game, he should be able to showcase his moves. He doesn't play a thing like JR, he is more like Kariya.

He's much closer to Roenick than Kariya.

While Schremp wasn't that physical in the prospects game, in normal OHL games he tends to be. He'll throw body checks, he'll work the boards and crash the net. We aren't talking about a power forward here, but we aren't talking about a Paul Kariya type of guy either.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
Powerforward? In the prospect game he was everything but powerfull. The guy didn't look one it like JR during it.

Never said he was a power forward, read over what I said carefully.

I said we aren't talking about a power forward here, nor are we talking about a guy like Paul Kariya.

Not to mention that I don't consider Jeremy Roenick a power forward either, So i actually like that comparison.

That was one game, like I said. And in that one game Schremp wasn't very physical. But he usually does show a willingness to play somewhat chippy.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
That one game means alot to scouts though. I don't really care, it isn't as if he will drop to NJ anyway. I had my eye on Berti and Sersen which I liked.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
JasonMacIsaac said:
That one game means alot to scouts though. I don't really care, it isn't as if he will drop to NJ anyway. I had my eye on Berti and Sersen which I liked.

Wouldn't you love to see Drew Stafford fall to you guys, or maybe Lou trades up a bit to get him?

Avery4Byng*

I know you all are OHL obsessed but I think Blake Comeau played a decent game, tying the record for most points and throwing his weight around..... I am sure his stock will rise after this and will only go higher with the memorial cup and all.

GoM

Dec 17, 2003
Toronto
dailyfaceoff.com
CRAP!

I woke up and fogot to tape it, as I Would have to Due to school :mad:

Does anyone know if there will be a third re-run? Or if there is any place I can buy a tape from?

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
tray said:
I know you all are OHL obsessed but I think Blake Comeau played a decent game, tying the record for most points and throwing his weight around..... I am sure his stock will rise after this and will only go higher with the memorial cup and all.
He impressed me last night, and the memorial cup exposure will only help more scouts notice him.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Takkie said:
How Was Boris Valabik?, he mmight very well end up being the latest addition to dudley's redwoods defense (bouwmeester,biron,mezei,kudroc), duds loves his tall d-men.

I was at the game and I felt Valabik played very well. He played positionally well, moved the puck nicely when he had to, finished his hits and played rough in front of the net. He played the same game he always plays and did it very well. He seemed to play with a little more edge to his game lastnight and you could tell he really wanted to fight. He will turn out to be a #6 physical shut down guy and I feel he would be a solid addition to any teams defense.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
VernonForrest said:
I was at the game and I felt Valabik played very well. He played positionally well, moved the puck nicely when he had to, finished his hits and played rough in front of the net. He played the same game he always plays and did it very well. He seemed to play with a little more edge to his game lastnight and you could tell he really wanted to fight. He will turn out to be a #6 physical shut down guy and I feel he would be a solid addition to any teams defense.

Anyone help me - Left or Right side for Valabik?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Bluenote13 said:
Anyone willing to ship me a tape to the states?
I compensate well for your time

Please send a PM.
I'd be interested as well, except for the compensate part.

Takkie

I Goc ya nose!
Jun 29, 2003
Florida
Visit site
he has no potential above a #6 d-man? i was hoping he could be a #3 or #4 defenseman, and what round do you think he'll be gone in?
same for mike green, what do you think his pontential, and round should he be gone in

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
I'm still not sure how Schremp pulled off that move...esp. using at as a backhand...the guy's got game!

IMO I think Mike Green is gonna be a fabulous NHL dman...very early prediction, but I already think he's gonna be the steal of the NHL 2004 entry draft!

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
bobbyorr4ever said:
I'm still not sure how Schremp pulled off that move...esp. using at as a backhand...the guy's got game!

IMO I think Mike Green is gonna be a fabulous NHL dman...very early prediction, but I already think he's gonna be the steal of the NHL 2004 entry draft!

I agree, he's going to be a good one, and sooner rather than later. Hopefully my awfully bad Ranger's can manage to hold onto a first round pick and select either he or one of the other top D-men in the draft.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Well if you go to the devils board a couple of the guys in the prospect game are on NJ's list of "to get" people.

Green looked to to be the best dmen in the game with the best talent. Barker was second and Sersen was third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad