Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
topprospect04.gif

TEAM ORR vs. TEAM CHERRY

Game time: 7:00 p.m. ET, at the JLC in London, Ontario.
Television: Live National coverage in Canada, on Sportsnet.
Series Note: Orr leads the head-to-head coaching matchup, 4-3.

The NHL scouts will be out in full force for tonights game, as they always are at this event. For those unfamiliar with the game, celebrity coaches Don Cherry and Bobby Orr each lead a team made up of the top CHL prospects, eligible for the 2004 NHL entry draft. The games are usually entertaining as all eyes are on the aspiring NHL prospects, so they do everything they can to leave a good impression. In other words, you don't get that "all star" feel to the game, as their is a lot of hitting and sometimes the occasional scrap.

ROSTERS:

Team Cherry: (Purple)

Goaltenders
Julien Ellis, Shawinigan Cataractes
David Shantz, Mississauga IceDogs

Defencemen
Cam Barker, Medicine Hat Tigers
Andy Rogers, Calgary Hitmen
David Schulz, Swift Current Broncos
Jeff Schultz, Calgary Hitmen
Michael Sersen, Rimouski Oceanic
Roman Tesliuk, Kamloops Blazers

Forwards
Joe Barnes, Saskatoon Blades
Adam Berti, Oshawa Generals
David Bolland, London Knights
Dane Byers, Prince Albert Raiders
David Laliberte, PEI Rocket
John Lammers, Lethbridge Hurricanes
Vaclav Meidl, Plymouth Whalers
Chad Painchaud, Mississauga IceDogs
Alexandre Picard, Lewiston MAINE-iacs
Peter Pohl, Gatineau Olympiques
Jared Walker, Red Deer Rebels
Wojtek Wolski, Brampton Battalion

Team Orr: (White)

Goaltenders
Devan Dubnyk, Kamloops Blazers
Justin Peters, Toronto St. Michael's Majors

Defencemen
Brett Carson, Calgary Hitmen
Mark Fistric, Vancouver Giants
Michael Funk, Portland Winterhawks
Mike Green, Saskatoon Blades
Boris Valabik, Kitchener Rangers
Kyle Wharton, Ottawa 67's

Forwards
Bryan Bickell, Ottawa 67's
Tyler Haskins, Toronto St. Michael's Majors
Blake Comeau, Kelowna Rockets
Renaud Des Alliers, Gatineau Olympiques
Ryan Garlock, Windsor Spitfires
Bruce Graham, Moncton Wildcats
Eric Hunter, Prince George Cougars
Andrew Ladd, Calgary Hitmen
Evan McGrath, Kitchener Rangers
Robbie Schremp, London Knights
Aki Seitsonen, Prince Albert Raiders
Jan Steber, Halifax Mooseheads

Prediction:
Team Orr wins, 5-3.

Team Orr MVP: Evan McGrath
Team Cherry MVP: Alexandre Picard

Here's to a good game!!! :yo:

Last edited:

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I'd say Orr has the better forwards & maybe the better goaltending.

Orr should win this one on paper, but Cherry has been known to favour guys with guts over talent, and sometimes games like this promotes more guts than talent. Guys who really want to be drafted will just lay everything on the line, and guys who are more skilled and less likely to lay everything out there might not have as good games.

Last year, the big story was Phaneuf hitting Pouliot. I wonder what the big story from the game this year will be?

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
That Schremp goal was a beauty alright. Comeau looks good too, Berti and Barker.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
3-1 Orr right now

Goals:
1)Orr - Comeau (Ladd, Schremp)
2) Orr - Ladd (Scremp, Comeau)
3) Orr - Schremp (?????)
4) Cherry - Berti (????)

sorry I can't keep up with the assists, too many.

Ellis looks terrible he should have had the first two goals, but had no chance against Schremp.... What a goal!

V for Voodoo

Nov 7, 2002
Boom Shaka-Laka.
Visit site
Boomhower said:
3-1 Orr right now

Goals:
1)Orr - Comeau (Ladd, Schremp)
2) Orr - Ladd (Scremp, Comeau)
3) Orr - Schremp (?????)
4) Cherry - Berti (????)

sorry I can't keep up with the assists, too many.

Ellis looks terrible he should have had the first two goals, but had no chance against Schremp.... What a goal!
Comeau got one assist on the Schremp goal, and Barker got one of the assists on the Berti goal.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
After the 1st period:

I am falling in love with Alexandre Picard. I admit, I didn't know a ton about him before tonight, but I LOVE his hustle out there.

Goal scorers:

Team Orr: Comeau, Ladd, Scremp

Team Cherry: Barti, Wolski

All these players have been impressive, but in particular, the Team Orr trio. Comeau has a lovely shot, Ladd is just huge, Schremp put on a goal scoring move that reminds me of Marian Gaborik.

The best players of the game so far:

Greene, McGrath, Comeau, Schremp, Ladd & Bolland, Picard, and Wolski

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Mizral said:
but in particular, the Team Orr trio. Comeau has a lovely shot, Ladd is just huge, Schremp put on a goal scoring move that reminds me of Marian Gaborik.
Agreed this line is dominant, and it seems Orr may be giving them a little extra ice time. The Wolski - Bolland - Byers line has been very good for team Cherry.

Green has looked dangerous on a couple rushes..... he can fly.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
4-2 now

6)Orr - Hunter (Bickell, McGrath)

Hunter with the nice tip in off a Bickell shot, Ellis was a little deep in his crease though.

Byers and Valabik nearly get into a scrap.... they had the gloves off.

Last edited:

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Dammit!!

Is it just me? Is there no game sheet anywhere on this??? Stats,,,,I need stats, man...and I need them....well, stat [sorry :dunno: ]. No stats sheet on the skills either??? Geeeeeezzzzz......

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Mizral said:
After the 1st period:

I am falling in love with Alexandre Picard. I admit, I didn't know a ton about him before tonight, but I LOVE his hustle out there.

Goal scorers:

Team Orr: Comeau, Ladd, Scremp

Team Cherry: Barti, Wolski

All these players have been impressive, but in particular, the Team Orr trio. Comeau has a lovely shot, Ladd is just huge, Schremp put on a goal scoring move that reminds me of Marian Gaborik.

The best players of the game so far:

Greene, McGrath, Comeau, Schremp, Ladd & Bolland, Picard, and Wolski

Bickell has also been pretty impressive if you ask me.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
:yo: Agree with you about Bickell - I like this guy more and more every time I see him [although I can't see him now, I'm just listening,,,,but still he sounds like he's having a good game, good for him!]

Hoooo-weeee......I'm thinking Baby Schremp is still pissed! poor little thing....gotta hand it to him though, the little whiner sure is talented....he's doing a bang up job.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Is it only me but does Wolski seem to be missing a gear. Great hands but seems to be lacking that elite skating.

Barker has looked pretty good, blocked 3 shots in a row, tough luck on Valabik goal.

Schremp has been the player of the game so far. Ladd and Comeau have been good as well, nice line.

Haven't noticed much of Painchaud or Picard out there. Andy Rogers looks like a tough cookie. Big elbow to the chops of Green.

Green sure likes like he has some skill.

Behind the blueline Fistric and Funk both looked solid.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Pohl and Lammers impressed me in the second period both are very good with the puck and I noticed Pohl go to the net hard a couple times, but what is Pohl listed at, Because he looks tiny out there?

Dubnyk faced a couple shots and looked good, but I hope team Cherry can mount a solid attack in the third, so we can see him tested.

How about Byers he can definitely bring it physically, I didn't think that was a charge at all when he laid out that big hit.

Again I didn't catch all the assists on the last two goals:

7) Orr - Valabik (Carson, ????)
8) Orr - Graham (????????)

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
I like Barker, nice calm feet, and clearly a good passer. I don't remember one year to the next (or really one MINUTE to the next) but don't these kids seem bigger than normal?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
lowetide said:
I like Barker, nice calm feet, and clearly a good passer. I don't remember one year to the next (or really one MINUTE to the next) but don't these kids seem bigger than normal?

That Boris Valabik is huge.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I hope this game opened up the eyes to many at how skilled Rob Schremp truly is. I have disagreed with how some of the scouting companies like CSB and Redline have ranked Schremp and maybe it's because of this supposed attitude problem. But quite frankly I don't care. Everytime he's on the ice, magic has the chance to happen. He makes every line he touches, a line that could put the puck in the net at any opportunity. I truly believe that Schremp is still the second best player available for this draft, behind Ovechkin. And whether anyone wants to agree with me, or whether the scouting agencies don't agree with me that is, then so be it.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
lowetide said:

They get bigger every year.

Funny, I was a bit dissapointed with Barker. He does make good plays to get the puck out of his zone though.

I still get a kick out of 'Captain Picard' ;)

Schremp's little shot attempt was neat. I've seen Jason Williams (Red Wings player) do that before in practices, it's fun to see, but you don't see that in the NHL due to lack of time to pull it off. Plus, you can get your head taken off ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad