GDT: Canada vs. Czech Republic - Feb. 21, 10:30 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Mama*

BlueAndWhite said:
So far I think they have been playing better.

T. Kaberle had the only good scoring opportunity for the Czech's so far - but McCabe blocked the shot.

Funny how that worked out.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Why is Marouelli the referee? This is a round robin game that was scheduled months in advance, surely they could have gotten someone else just to make sure there was no appearance of bias...I don't really care, but why even raise the possibility? I guess the IIHF or IOC or whomever is in charge of that basically has confirmed that this game ultimately means very little...

joe_shannon_1983*

Bob Cole (CBC commentator) just said, "thank you Brad Richards".

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Legolas said:
Why is Marouelli the referee? This is a round robin game that was scheduled months in advance, surely they could have gotten someone else just to make sure there was no appearance of bias...I don't really care, but why even raise the possibility? I guess the IIHF or IOC or whomever is in charge of that basically has confirmed that this game ultimately means very little...

I agree. There is no need to have a Canadian ref in a game involving Canada.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Nice defensive play by Kaberle there. Why do I get the feeling he and McCabe are both going to have big games as they try to outdo each other?

Big Mama*

The goalies have to make all their big saves when Redden and Foote are on the ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad