GDT: Canada vs. Czech Republic - Feb. 21, 10:30 AM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
less than an hours to game time and no thread yet :amazed:

So what will it be today? Quinn's fault? or the forwards? or the defense? or Hitchcock not playing the defense properly...

my guess... the sky won't fall today... Canada will remind everyone that they are still the same team that every tourney need that time to gel and will come together when it counts.

Elimination doesn't start till tomorrow... but today we'll see what these guys are capable of once the real tournament starts!

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
I'm not making a prediction of the score, but I do feel confident they'll play better than against the swiss and finns.

usual suspects

Jan 2, 2006
Fredericton, NB
Even is Canada loses they need to show some sort of team game to get them going so they can build off of it for tomorrow. If they play terrible again it will likely be over, you need to show some improvment otherwise we can't expect things to magically be great because its the medal round. I think it will be a close game, somethign like 3-2 or 4-3 but it will go either way. Canada needs to score on the PP.

Jovial

Aug 31, 2005
nuckfan in TO said:
So what will it be today? Quinn's fault? or the forwards? or the defense? or Hitchcock not playing the defense properly...
I blame the difference of air pressure. :teach:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
I predict this thread is completely flooded with very bitter Euro fans wanting to trash Canada in every way possible :biglaugh: :D

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Switzerland has finished the tournament 2-1-2 after a tie with the Italians today.

So, this game has actually become pretty significant. The winner would move into 2nd spot in Pool A, the loser would finish in 4th spot. In the event of a tie Canada would finish 3rd, the Czechs 4th based on goals for-against. Pool B is still up in the air. Finland VS. USA is the only quarter final set in stone.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Pathfinder said:
I predict this thread is completely flooded with very bitter Euro fans wanting to trash Canada in every way possible :biglaugh: :D

I predict that this thread is completely flooded with very bitter Canadian fans wanting to trash Quinn-Gretzky-and everthing else Team Canada in every way possible :help:

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
nuckfan in TO said:
I predict that this thread is completely flooded with very bitter Canadian fans wanting to trash Quinn-Gretzky-and everthing else Team Canada in every way possible :help:

Well, that too. Nobody trashes Canada better than Canadians ;)

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Broadcast coverage - Radio

This may have previously been posted ( I am at work so don't have time to search ) but does anyone know what radio coverage is available in Toronto? Any online TV broadcast?

Thanks,

Jovial

Aug 31, 2005
Hemsky4PM said:
Switzerland has finished the tournament 2-1-2 after a tie with the Italians today.

So, this game has actually become pretty significant. The winner would move into 2nd spot in Pool A, the loser would finish in 4th spot. In the event of a tie Canada would finish 3rd, the Czechs 4th based on goals for-against. Pool B is still up in the air. Finland VS. USA is the only quarter final set in stone.
Canada or the Czechs will have 6 pts after the game (unless there is a tie) and since Suisse beated both of them, Suisse stays in the 2nd spot.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Vaive-Alive said:
This may have previously been posted ( I am at work so don't have time to search ) but does anyone know what radio coverage is available in Toronto? Any online TV broadcast?

Thanks,

i dont believe there is any radio coverage, you might have to see if CBC radio has it, though i recall hearing that they're only broadcasting the semis and finals on the radio.

you might have to watch this thread to see...

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
you should really mention that that link only works if you're in Europe, it doesn't at all if you're in North America.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Proby24 said:

I get this when i go there..

Streams tijdelijk niet overal beschikbaar

Wegens de strenge regels van het Internationaal Olympisch Comité inzake internetverspreiding van beeldmateriaal van de Olympische Spelen zijn sommige streams en sites tijdelijk niet beschikbaar via de gebruikelijke links.

De regels schrijven voor dat tv-zenders die de Olympische Spelen uitzenden deze alleen via het internet vertonen als zij ervoor zorgen dat de betreffende beelden alleen in bij de European Broadcasting Union aangesloten landen opgevraagd kunnen worden. Via deze pagina is het mogelijk om, mits u zich in de juiste tijdzone bevindt en beschikt over een breedbandverbinding, het laatste journaal, het themakanaal Journaal24 en de livestreams van de Olympische Spelen te bekijken.

Which I assume means.. "youre Canadian... we dont have the rights to broadcast this in canada from the ioc.. so screw off"

shawn_kemp*

dem said:
I predict a canadian goal! :sarcasm:

It's amazing how things can evolve in less than a week.

Last week everyone was expecting Canada to blowout pretty much every opponent, now the fans are hoping to see 1 goal. :sarcasm:

I think it'll be something like a 2-2 tie.

Big Mama*

The Czech' defence is soft. It is time the power forwards played their power game. I doubt you will see one body check by a Czech d-man.

Canada wins.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
nuckfan in TO said:

It was part of the CBA that all things wrong with hockey is Quinns fault. Check the Leaf board, it's true!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad